This job is archived
Physician- Family Medicine
Location. Naval Hospital Guam
The health care worker (HCW) shall provide comprehensive Physician services in support of the United States Naval Hospital Guam. Services shall be provided in the Physical Exam and MEPS Clinic.
During the term of the contract the HCW agrees to provide, on behalf of the Government, the services of a Physician, Family Medicine for treatment of active duty military personnel, their dependents, eligible Navy civilian employees, and other eligible beneficiaries, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
Duty hours. 40 hours week between the hours of 07 00 and 1800, Monday through Friday.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS. To be qualified for this position the HCW must:
- Be a graduate from a medical school approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education of the American Medical Association or the American Osteopathic Association or certification by the Educational Council for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Successful completion of a residency program in Family Medicine which has been approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or the Committee on Postdoctoral Training of the American Osteopathic Association or those Canadian training programs approved by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC).
- Possess current, valid, unrestricted license in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess and maintain a current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration number (certificate) to prescribe controlled substances as listed in 21 C.F.R. 1308 (verified after award).
- Possess board certification in Family Medicine by the American Boards of Family Medicine or the American Osteopathic Association.
- Possess at least one (1) year of experience within the last 3 years as a full-time Physician.
- Possess current certification and maintain certification in Basic Life Support (BLS and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). Web based classes do not meet these standards.
- Possess basic computer skills competency.
- Be in good standing and under no sanction or suspension listing by the Federal Government.
- Possess U.S. citizenship
- Ability to complete favorable credentialing requirement and security requirement
- Ability to obtain a physical examination and immunizations at their own expense prior to initiation of contract performance.