This job is archived
About our position:
- Full-time Monday-Friday 8-5 schedule
- No nights, no weekends, no call! - We offer great work/life balance
- Outpatient only
- Office sees patients of all ages
- Spanish speaking skills are a bonus but not required
- Very Competitive Base Salary with Productivity
- Sign on bonus, relocation reimbursement, Health insurance, life insurance, malpractice insurance, PTO and CME reimbursement, 401K, etc!
The Rio Grande Valley, one of the fastest growing areas in TEXAS, is a scenic cultural place like no other. Known as Texas' Tropical Playground, we are located a short 40 minutes from South Padre Island.
- Year-round semi-tropical weather
- No state income tax / Tort reform
- Lowest cost of living in the U.S.
- Great schools / Affordable housing
- Golfing, hunting, birding, fishing, boating
Valley Baptist Health System, with two full service campuses and 800+ beds, is a part of Tenet Health System, a national healthcare organization with 68 hospitals, 470 outpatient centers and 32,000 affiliated physicians.
With 2,000 employees and over 450 physicians on the medical staffs, Valley Baptist Medical Center-Harlingen and Valley Baptist Medical Center-Brownsville, are focused on safety, quality and high level patient satisfaction.
First Trauma Level II south of San Antonio (no level I in the area)
First Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center south of San Antonio
About 50,000 patients seen in the ER annually
Key Accomplishments in 2018:
- First Level II Adult (Major) Trauma Center in the RGV and the only one in Cameron County
- Only Comprehensive (Level I) Stroke Facility certified by THHSC in the RGV (one of only 30 in Texas)
- Only DNV-GL Comprehensive Stroke Center in the RGV and south of San Antonio
- Only Pediatric ED in Cameron County
- Only Pediatric ICU in Cameron County
- One of only two Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Units in Cameron County (with VB-Brownsville)
- Only dedicated Geriatric Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit in Cameron County
- Only CARF Accredited Inpatient Rehab in Cameron County
- Regional leader in orthopedic care and joint replacement with TJC Certification for Knee and Hip Replacement
- Only hospital in RGV to receive the 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award from Healthgrades (top 10% in the nation)
Rio Grande Valley, with a population of 1.3 million people, includes three major cities (Harlingen, Brownsville and McAllen). VBMC-H service area is 300,000 and VBMC-B service area is 200,000. Each city has an international airport with most flights connecting in Houston or Dallas.