PrimeCare Medical, Inc. (PCM) has been in operation since 1986. We’re a private; physician founded and nationally accredited correctional healthcare practice.
PCM provides comprehensive medical and mental healthcare services to over 70 county-level jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers throughout 5 different states in the Northeastern US (PA, MD, WV, NY, & NH).
Correctional medicine is a unique, challenging, and exciting opportunity for today’s medical professional in that it provides the ability to truly utilize all of your learned medical skills and knowledge on a daily basis. Correctional healthcare is the perfect hybrid of Primary Care, Urgent Care, and Emergency Medicine; serving an often underserved and extremely diverse patient population.
We are presently seeking a talented and hard-working, Part-Time Staff Physician (MD/DO) to work in the medical department at the Washington County Detention Center in Hagerstown, MD.
This part-time position requires up to 6 hours/week of on-site medical care, Monday’s – Friday’s (weekends also available if interested!). Shifts are very flexible and typically scheduled during normal business hours (but can be flexible), thus this opportunity can accommodate around almost any schedule/lifestyle!
To quickly summary some key points:
- Salaries are negotiable and commensurate based on experience;
- Company paid liability insurance (including tail) is provided;
- Annual licensure reimbursement provided; and
- Much more.
The Physician will primarily be responsible for managing the full-spectrum health care within the on-site medical department at this facility. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide service to the inmate/patient population while utilizing current, acceptable standards of medical practice.
- Assume responsibility for clinical management of the medical health program in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards, as well as PCM policies and procedures.
- Services to be provided on scheduled work days according to standards and times mutually agreeable to physician, facility administration, and PCM.
- Provide medical treatment to confined inmates/patients, when applicable.
- Provide medical consultation to all professionals (i.e. physicians/mid-level providers/nursing) within the unit.
- Oversee and supervise all medical clinical services provided.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely medical entries are made for each inmate/patient contact.
- Available for consultation and/or emergency medical coverage via phone call.
- Work collaboratively and supervise clinical activities of fellow physicians and medical staff while on duty.
- Evaluate all inmates/patients referred with medical health concerns for presence, or absence, of mental illness and refer to mental health accordingly.
- Refer inmates/patients as necessary to appropriate medical facilities when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with pharmacy to evaluate and approve all medications and other medicinal preparations, which comprise the facility formulary.
- Establish and monitor standards of care provided by physicians, psychologist and nurses in accordance with NCCHC/ACA and accepted medical standards.
This position is exciting and fast paced, and as such we must have someone who is able to multi-task well and has excellent time management skills.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or School of Osteopathic Medicine; specialty training/experience in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Correctional Medicine, and/or Urgent Care is preferred.
- Licensed to practice Medicine and dispense medication within the State of Maryland.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible.
- Maintain current CDS & DEA numbers.
- Maintain active BLS (i.e. CPR) certification.
- Maintain current Driver’s License.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to gain trust of patients and build a working relationship.
- Ability to work in a supportive, team-based work environment.
PrimeCare believes in offering competitive compensation and benefits packages to their employees. Standard benefits for full-time employees include medical, dental and life insurance. We will provide the knowledge and individual training to administer premier healthcare in the correctional environment.
We’re committed to managing and reducing risk in correctional healthcare by providing cost-effective quality healthcare management, continuously improving the standards of care.
Dedicated to correctional healthcare, PCM prides itself on our strong client relationships, effective and efficient management of healthcare services. These attributes continue to be the hallmark of our success. With new contracts established regularly, opportunities for development and advancement are ample.
PCM utilizes a proprietary EMR system customized to our practice, and specifically designed for correctional healthcare. Said technology is user-friendly, intuitive, and always available. At PCM, we’re dedicated to your long-term success and foster this by providing individually catered training to every one of our physicians. We teach you how to document in real-time and tactfully structure our call requirements, to ensure that you’re life outside of your career is focused on the things that truly matter.
To learn more about why PrimeCare Medical, Inc. is the choice for quality correctional health care, please apply today to schedule a phone interview. We’re ready to speak with you about joining our PrimeCare Medical family!