**Family Medicine opening in Southern OH**
Located in Portsmouth, OH
90 miles to Columbus & 100 miles to Cincinnati
Service area of 100,000 people
Full time, permanent opening
Base salary of **$199,500** (50%tile MGMA for those just completing training) with additional
compensation for experience, guaranteed for 2 years. Can be switched to a wRVU production contract when
Base salary of **$248,800** (75%tile MGMA) guaranteed for one year and then switched to a wRVU
2-year contract also includes:
- Vacation: 4 weeks plus holidays/sick days (29 PTO days). Additional 5 days when producing 75%tile wRVUs
- CME/Books & Journals: 5 days PTO and up to $5000
- Medical School Loan Repayment: repay up to $200,000 ($25,000 per year for each year of service commitment)
- Deferred compensation: 457b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $18,000 year before taxes. No matching.
- Retirement / Savings Plan: 403b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $18,000 year before taxes under age 50 and
$24,000 for over age 50. SOMC matches dollar for dollar up to 2% of base pay.
- Moving Expense: $10,000 paid to moving company
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage: in a claims made insurance, in an amount of $1,000,000, per claim/$3,000,000, aggregate
- Health Insurance: physician pays small premium, deducted from paycheck
- Liquidated Damages: 70 mile and 2 year non-compete clause or liquidated damages of one year salary
- Sign on Bonus 15% of base salary up to $50,000 (paid when contract signed and forgiven over 2 years)
- Bonus Incentives: excellent bonus incentives up to 30% of salary
Medical Center is a 222 bed regional medical center located in the beautiful southern Ohio valley. Construction was recently completed on a $100 million dollar expansion to include nine new general and orthopedic suites, a dedicated vascular interventional suite and two cardiothoracic suites for open heart. A four story tower to provide 90 new medical/surgical private beds and 12 cardiovascular unit beds was also recently opened.
Portsmouth is located at the confluence of the Ohio and Scioto rivers in the southernmost tip of the state. The City of Portsmouth is approximately 80 miles south of Columbus and 110 miles east of Cincinnati, with easy access to major metropolitan areas in the Tri-State Region. Scioto County is one of the most picturesque regions in the state surrounded by rolling hills, lush hardwood forests and scenic waterways.
We offer the best of traditional, small-town America. Portsmouth is a town of rich past and promising future. Friendly people, a low crime rate, a qualified workforce, great schools, beautiful surroundings and an affordable cost of living make this truly unique city a wonderful place to live. Shawnee State University, Ohio's newest university is situated between the Ohio River and downtown Portsmouth. Cultural and recreational opportunities abound. From the nationally known murals painted on the floodwall to Shawnee State Forest, there are many tourist attractions within the county.