This job is archived
Psychiatrist - Pain Management - Physical Medicine and Rehab job in Norfolk, Virginia.
The positions are within the extensive military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Holidays off
- Competitive Employment Package
- Perform as a principal treating physician to provide clinical direction to a multidisciplinary team, coordinating care with other health care providers and providing consultative services pursuant to optimal health care delivery to patients suffering from pain.
- Provide comprehensive medical and advanced interventional pain treatments to patients with complex pain conditions including consultation, management, monitoring, evaluation, and treatment.
- Participate in an on-site designated Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes (ECHO) tele-mentoring training program.
- Participate in tele-mentoring, tele-medicine, and tele-consults.
- Participate in Graduate Medical Education, to include fellow, resident, intern, and medical student education.
- Participate in Scholarly activity to include research.
- Participate in process improvement, quality improvement projects to include representation on committees that are focused on the care of chronic pain patients.
Psychiatrist - Pain Management - Physical Medicine and Rehab Position Qualifications:
- MD or DO
- Graduate from an accredited school
- Board Certification: Pain Management from the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation accredited by ABMS or AOA
- Fellowship training in Pain Management
- 2 years in the last 5 years as a Pain Management Physiatrist providing pain management services to patients with complex pain conditions
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Licensure: current, valid, unrestricted. Any U.S. state.
- Working knowledge TJC, AAAHC, and HIPAA
- Computer competency (Microsoft applications, Outlook, operations, et al)
Position contingent upon contract award for a Spring start date. Incumbents hightly encouraged to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!