Lab Supervisor needed for hospital-based laboratory.
- This person will be fully responsible for running the laboratory on a daily basis from a quality, performance and compliance standard.
- Must be knowledgeable of DOH/NYS standards and report into the Lab Director.
- Perform routine and emergency tests on blood and other body fluids using a variety of automated and manual instrumentation in a timely manner.
- No Micro, only blood bank, chem, hem, rapid serology (influenza, strep)
- Maintain equipment and records according to department procedures and regulatory guidelines in the areas of QA and QC.
- Use independent judgment to solve technical and procedural problems.
Supervisor: Days, Swing shift, Evenings (available): 8a-4p, 4p-12a, 12a-8a
Compensation and benefits commensurate with experience
- Clinical Laboratory Technologist licensure from the New York State Education Department
- Associate's Degree required. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Must meet New York State requirements for a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.
- Preferred 5+ years of experience (independent coverage without supervision)