Family Medicine Residency - Program Director (SA197477) Pensacola, Fl
This west Florida health system in beautiful Pensacola, FL in conjunction with the University of Central Florida College of Medicine (UCF COM), is seeking applicants for Family Medicine Program Director to help establish a new residency training program.
The UCF COM/HCA GME Consortium Family Medicine residency program is seeking a full-time, board-certified family medicine Program Director.
• Must be Board Certified in Family Medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine
• Prior experience as a Program Director or Associate Director preferred
• Have previous leadership / administrative experience
• A minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in Family Medicine, with 2 years as a core faculty member in an ACGME- accredited Family Medicine Residency Program.
• Be willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) Responsibilities (70/30)
• Have strong administrative and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply.
The Hospital has provided comprehensive healthcare services to residents of Northwest Florida and South Alabama for more than 30 years. West Florida Healthcare is proud to offer a 531-bed state-of-the art hospital with the area’s only facility featuring all-private rooms. The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the all-private room acute care hospital, the area’s only comprehensive medical rehabilitation hospital, and a mental health facility.
The position would be employed by the hospital with competitive salary and benefits to include:
- Full benefits including health, life, dental, disability, 401K – the works!
Resting on the banks of Pensacola Bay, our Southern town will take you back in time. Pensacola offers residents and visitors a rich heritage, fresh coastal cuisine, art and culture, unique shopping and many festivals throughout the year celebrating everything from music and food to the arts and Mardi Gras. The National Naval Aviation Museum and Pensacola Historic District are among visitors’ favorite spots.
Pensacola is the westernmost city in the Florida Panhandle. As of the 2010 census, the city had a total population of 51,923. Pensacola is the principal city of the Pensacola metropolitan area, which had an estimated 461,227 residents in 2012.