**Medical Director Health Equity (LGBT + Health Services) opening: Charlotte, NC**
Family Med Trained
- Medical Directorship option
- Option to practice as general FP w/ interest in LGBTQ medical care
- Full-time, permanent
- The practice has been providing comprehensive primary care services for 9 years.
- The office is open Monday-Thursday, 7 am-5 pm and Friday, 7 am-4 pm, with an average daily patient panel of 20 per provider.
- The providers care for patients of all ages, from birth through adulthood.
- Physicians that enjoy the entire scope of family medicine and have a special interest in LGBT+ medical care are encouraged to apply.
Physician will be responsible for partnering with other leaders and physicians throughout the organization to achieve the vision of delivering a remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time and, with the expectation that Physician will devote a minimum of 1,040 hours per calendar year, Physician will perform the following duties as Medical Director Health Equity (LGBT + Health Services):
- Provides leadership for the development and implementation of Health LGBT+ Health Services team.
- Provides medical consultation and direction to the Office of Diversity, Inclusion and
- Equity in the implementation of the SOGI (Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity) initiative
- Identifies health disparities for this community and facilitate processes to achieve Health Equity (LGBT + Health Services)
- Develops centers of excellence for LBGT+ health care
- Develops LGBT+ health champions in each office or submarket
- Validates LGBTQ+ provider expertise to be reflected on Group Healths physician finder
- Reviews internal policy and provides recommendations for change
- Remains current with LGBTQ+ legislative issues and policies and works with government relations on advocacy related to the LGBTQ+ community
- Develops growth strategies in caring for the LGBTQ+ population
- Serves as a consultant to marketing in our advertising and promoting Group Healths LGBTQ+ initiatives
- Develops and implements measures of success
- Participates in Health Health Equity (LGBT + Health Services) and other Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity Councils and Quality Operations Teams
- Co-leads the LGBTQ Advisory Council to leverage the community in assessing and fulfilling the remarkable patient experience and ensuring health equity
- Develops Care Pathways to improve quality of care
- Develops and provides team member education (computer-based learning, videos,
- Interfaces with ambulatory and acute care leaders to ensure the remarkable patient experience is delivered
- Participates in processes for Health to achieve national recognitions, such as the Human Rights Campaign HEI
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies for LGBT+ services (TJC, HRC, CMS, etc.)
- Develops and improves relationships with LGBT+ community in each market
- Serves as an executive sponsor to the LGBT+ BRG
- Educates locally and regionally as a subject matter expert in LGBTQ healthcare
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably required to accomplish the purposes of this Agreement.
- 2 year salary guarantee
- Medical Group employed
- Medical and Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance
- System wide EHR-Epic
- Work-Life balance
**For Primary Care Providers**
- Access is a key theme Health Group encourages same day, extended hours, e-visits and video visits to deliver care where and when our patients need us.
- All of our community medicine physician leaders maintain a patient panel to remain connected to the day-to-day challenges and joys of practicing medicine.
- Many of our clinics utilize a team approach to care, which includes PAs, NPs, clinical pharmacy practitioners, health behaviorists and clinical RNs.
**Medical Group Details**
- Offers resiliency training for physicians and team members to prevent burnout
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians.
- Is one of the largest medical groups in the nation