**Family Medicine Opportunity in Roseburg, OR**
Service Area: 110,000
Located 70 miles from Eugene; 95 miles from Medford
- Full-time, permanent position
- Multi-Specialty group
- The practice is a perfect blend of Family Medicine and OB-GYN, fully integrated within a Level 5 Patient Centered Primary Care Home. The group is one practice, consisting of 44 Providers, which include Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Psychiatry, Pediatrics, OB-GYN, Certified Nurse Midwives, Family Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and Behavior Health Counselors.
- Wide range of services: the practice includes outpatient primary care, inpatient medical care of the patients, OB-GYN outpatient, surgical and obstetrical care, urgent care, occupational medicine, SUDS, advanced telehealth services, etc. Women's Health and Family Medicine complement one another's services. Two Family Physicians are integrated within Women's Health for obstetrical coverage. Family Medicine providers refer to Women's Health for surgical care needs and Women's Health refers to primary care for medical management outside their scope of practice. Shared committees, outside activities and case presentations add cohesion and easy communication.
- Unique living experience: Often providers live just out of town in one of the endless farming valleys surrounding our town in a beautiful country setting. Yet, these folks are 10-15 minutes of unimpeded scenic driving to Roseburg, the clinic and hospital. This offers the privacy and personality of country living with larger city amenities.
- The group is physician owned and governed. Protocols and expectations are created by physicians, not hospital or insurance administrators. The group is growing to meet community need for primary care access. It is credentialed as an advanced patient centered home and are serious about functioning as one. It engages in population health, risk stratification, nurse case managers, panel coordinator and an electronic medical record that supports that activity. The group integrates mental health and addiction medicine within primary care. It is also designated as a Rural Health Clinic allowing us to accept without limit both Medicare and Oregon Health Plan patients.
- Oregon has been progressive to allow innovation in the health care delivery system. The group works with insurance companies and local employers to develop a strategic plan to address the needs of the county. The group is aggressively evolving its delivery systems, including school-based health care and a modified direct care component.
- The medical group has a close alliance and excellent working relationship with its hospital (Mercy Medical Center). This hospital is a beautiful state of the art facility with nearly all services represented except for open heart and neurosurgery cases. The latest robotic technology is available. The cardiology interventionist program and critical care specialists, as well as every other specialty are highly regarded.
- The practice has great chemistry and is a highly functional group. You will be welcomed and supported. Team structure and system of care, including scribes, that allows you to make physician level decisions, rather than drown in clerical duties. When one provider is absent, our team medicine approach offers seamless coverage for their patients. Every provider, as well as all staff, has access for input through a committee process.
- The goal is a fully invested medical team. New physicians are eligible to join the medical group's Board after 2 years. All time for management activity; whether Board time, Quality Improvement, Patient Centered Home or other, is compensated. Your time is respected.
**Compensation and Benefits:**
- Competitive compensation package. The salary starts at the median of the MGMA with incentive for production.
- Benefits package: retirement, health benefits, vacation time, etc is generous.
- Because of its Rural Health Clinic status, loan repayment both through the State of Oregon and the National Health Service Corps is offered.
- Southern Oregon has mild pleasant weather with an hour drive to access the ocean beaches to the west and mountains for hiking and skiing to the east. The North Umpqua River which runs through our town is world famous for its fly fishing, hiking trails and waterfalls. Roseburg, where our main clinics are located, is a town of about 25,000. We have surrounding small towns and unincorporated farming communities such that the population we serve is 110,000.
- 1 hour south of Eugene and 1 hour north of the Medford/Ashland area.
- Excellence in shopping, University of Oregon sports, Broadway and Shakespearian plays, concerts, and a large assortment of cultural events are accessible.