As part of the multi-disciplinary team, the Primary Care Physician (PCP) will provide primary medical diagnostic and therapeutic care and service, referring consultations for specialty care, and education and preventive care advice to all patients served. The PCP performance will be tracked and comparatively reported using metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization.
We are looking for attentive, conscientious, and experienced Primary Care Physicians. PCPs are expected to treat a wide range of medical conditions, develop long-term, personal relationships with their patients, produce individualized healthcare programs based on patient historical data, and offer continuous support and health management advice. You should be proactive in building relationships and recommend external specialists when patients require treatment outside of your medical purview. PCPs should take a vested interest in a patient's well-being. This is achieved by demonstrating good listening skills, showing empathy and understanding, and communicating clearly and effectively.Requirements
Essential Job Functions
• Develop personal relationships with patients.
• Assess, plan, and implement care for patients in a timely manner;
• Create patient-specific health programs that make use of historical data.
• Monitor and adapt individualized health programs over time.
• Schedule and administer follow-up examinations.
• Offer comprehensive wellness exams.
• Administering vaccinations.
• Perform medical procedures.
• Recommending specialists for treatment outside when appropriate.
• Must remain in compliance with all rules and regulations set by Georgia Composite Board based on the Georgia Medical Practice Act.
• Educating patients in health management and disease prevention.
• Support the development and implementation of evidence-based practice guidelines;
• Provide appropriate patient education;
• Assume responsibility for day-to-day supervision of physician assistants/nurse practitioners;
• Participate in medical staff peer review process, performance improvement, continuing education, risk management and Clinical Indicator selection;
• When appropriate, assist clinical personnel in their evaluation of phone calls and determining appropriate disposition;
• Monday – Friday 8-5 (Optional Saturdays 8-2 for additional bonus)
• Utilize referral policies and procedures;
• Utilizes EMR proficiently to document in the Health Record;
• Promote continuity of patient care by interacting and collaborating with other members of the healthcare team;
• 18 – 22 patients per day (pending complexity)
• No admitting; No nights
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) required; current State of Georgia License in good standing.
- Board certification or eligibility in Family Practice or Internal Medicine required.
- Current Georgia Medical License required.
- Valid DEA required.
- Completion of a family practice/internal medicine residency.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Caring, attentive nature.
- Possess a working understanding and support of a managed care environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and maintain relationships with various health plans.
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency preferred.