Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Adelphi is seeking a primary care physician to provide services at a correctional facility in North Carolina. The physician should exhibit competency in community standard treatment principles and techniques. The physician should not have a restriction or revocation of medical staff membership or clinical privileges at any institution.
• Profession: Physician
• Specialty: Correctional Medicine/Psychiatry/Urgent Care/Primary Care/IM/EM/FM
• Location: Manson, NC
• Service Setting: Outpatient
• Facility Type: Correctional
• Job Type: Contract
• Start Date: ASAP
• Contract Length: Ongoing
• Shift Schedule: 24 hrs per week
• Travel, lodging, and malpractice insurance covered
• Active NC license
• BLS certification
• ACLS certification
• DEA certification
• Review diagnostic examination results such as laboratory, radiology, specialists' findings, and nursing care notes.
• Review and document patient history into an electronic healthcare record system.
• Initiate and perform diagnostic testing or procedures, examinations, treatments, and surgical procedures.
• Document and make referrals for other medically necessary services.
• Prescribe medications in accordance with the facility's drug formulary.
• Provide adequate and timely documentation for all patient encounters in Problem-Oriented Medical Record format.
• Conduct telephone consultation during regular business hours, with facility health services staff.
• Assign PULHEAT physical health ratings to be used in assignment and/or change of work grade and living assignment.
• Conduct chronic disease assessments per the facility's guidelines.
• Respond to any and all urgent callbacks from the facility
• Review and co-sign mid-level providers’ charts as appropriate
• Provide consultation to mid-level providers either verbally or by direct patient re-evaluation as needed
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
We staff physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners in locum tenens and permanent positions.