This job is archived
This Birmingham Health System is seeking a board certified/board eligible Family Medicine physician with Sports Medicine training to join an existing single specialty group with five physicians. Job features include the following.
- Will accept ORS, PMR or Sports Medicine Fellowship Trained FM
- Prefer experienced sports medicine primary care physician
- Prefer PMR with sub-specialty in Sports Medicine or Pain Medicine
- Open to any ORS except spine or shoulder
- Recruiting support from St. Vincent’s East
- Pathway to partnership
- BC/BE in Orthopedic Surgery or PMR or Sports Medicine Family Medicine
- Practice has fellows in Spine, Shoulder and Trauma
- Experienced or new grad
- Not willing to sponsor a visa
- MD or DO
- Internationally trained OK
- Practice started in 1983. Book of patients is 36 years’ old.
- 4 – 5 exam rooms
- One coordinator to do pre-certs, other personnel shared
- Use Hospitalists
- Block scheduling
- Average of 20 patients per day. Some half days and some full days. In full day can see 50 patients per day.
- EMR: Meditouch Health Fusion
- Ancillaries: x-ray, injections, PT, & DME
- 35% Medicare, 35% Blue Cross, not much Medicaid (comes through ER), Workers’ compensation
- 8 a.m. – 11:30 then 1:30 – 4:30, Fridays close at noon
- Group call is 1:3, non-surgical physicians are not able to take call, almost all phone call, ER admits at night and see patient next day
This health system is part of the nation’s largest non-profit health system and the largest Catholic health system in the world, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia.