The Division of Geriatric Medicine at UMass Memorial Medical Center currently seeks a full-time academic Geriatrician for a faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. The successful candidate will be board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine and have completed a fellowship in Geriatric Medicine. Consideration will be given to both experienced physicians and graduating fellows.
- We are a collegial, stable Division emphasizing continuity of care across multiple health care sites and promotion and improvement of overall health of the geriatric population in our community.
- We offer a diverse clinical program in an age-friendly environment. We provide primary care of older adults, including comprehensive geriatric assessment, functional assessment, medication review and cognitive assessment.
- You will work as part of an interdisciplinary team of health care providers with a robust partnership model of care involving geriatricians working in tandem with geriatric nurse practitioners.
- We provide home visits for our most frail patients alongside our geriatric nurse practitioners, provide care in several of the area’s skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, and participate in UMass Memorial’s innovative Hospital at Home (HAH) program.
- Faculty in the Division are also closely aligned with the Meyers Health Care Institute, a nationally recognized multidisciplinary research and educational institute focused on health care delivery science and population health.
- We offer a one-year ACGME Geriatric fellowship.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Worcester, Massachusetts is rich in history and cultural diversity. You will find
- a broad range of excellent primary and secondary schools,
- several highly regarded colleges including Clark University, The College of the Holy Cross, and Worcester Polytechnic Institute,
- a variety of affordable housing options from newly renovated condominiums to gracious Victorian homes,
- numerous restaurants, theater groups, and concert venues,
- easy access to Boston and Cape Cod a well as Providence and Newport Rhode Island, all of which are within an hour’s drive.
To be considered, please contact:
[Register to View] (text capability)
[Register to View]