Full time W2 with benefits opportunity
Salary based at $250,000
Patient volume 18 per day
Student loan help as well
Working hours 8am - 5 pm with flexibility
Minimal call shifts, and no overnight call
Rounding in SNF, LTAC, and ALF facilities on a daily basis.
Compensation- Depending On Experience, bonuses, mileage reimbursementABOUT SUMMIT MEDICAL CONSULTANTS
Summit Medical Consultants is a rapidly growing Physician Practice. Founded in 2015, we have expanded to approximately 75 employees and are continuing to grow. If we were a hospital in Colorado, we would rank 9th by number of admissions per year. Our mission is to provide patients and their families with robust clinical services throughout their Acute Inpatient Rehab, Skilled Nursing, Long Term Care and Assisted and Independent Living stays. We coordinate with the Hospitalists and Specialist physicians and surgeons, Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapies, Case Management and Psychology at the facility level to provide compassionate and coordinated care.
Provides medical oversight and care to the assigned patient population, maintains timely and appropriate documentation of such care, and actively participates in medical staff duties. Participates in quality assurance, utilization management, and peer review programs to ensure high quality, cost-effective services. Supports practice budgetary targets. Partners with administration and staff to support strategic and operational plans. Works collaboratively toward needed improvements. Work is done in subacute, long-term care, assisted living, and independent living settings depending upon specialty and assigned patient population. Reliable transportation is required, and you may be required to visit more than one facility in a day. Shares evening, weekend, and/or holiday call duties as stated in the Employment Agreement.
- Meets quality measures in provision of medical care. Performs related administrative functions in the clinical setting. Meets professional standards governing such services in the appropriate medical specialty. Performs in accordance with the medical staff bylaws, the rules and regulations of the Board of Medical Examiners, and the policies and procedures of practice
- Creates and maintains timely, appropriate, and confidential documentation and coding of patient care to ensure compliance with medical reporting standards and billing practices so as to meet applicable federal and state requirements
- If required by the Employment Agreement, actively participates in medical staff duties, attends medical staff meetings, participates in peer reviews and evaluations, and supports and ensures compliance with federal and state rules, regulations, and accrediting body requirements
- Serves as a committed partner to the Practice’s administration and staff to support strategic and operational plans. Establishes positive relationships with other physicians, administration, staff, and the community. Fosters collaborative efforts toward improvement. Serves on relevant health plan, and medical staff committees to optimize relationships with the medical staff members, payors, and peers
- Follows safety standards in all aspects of performance of the above functions, reports/removes unsafe equipment and attends safety education sessions
- Strives to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the Practice. Serves as role models for staff and acts in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner
- Requires ability to work independently, understand complex situations, and make sound judgments. Needs good eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, and attentiveness to details. Physical stamina required in most settings.
- Participates in scholarly activities to aid control/cure of diseases. May participate in investigation of new drugs and medications.
- Experience, preferably in the Skilled Nursing/Post-Acute care and/or Hospitalist setting
- Graduate of an approved school of medicine with licensure in the state where he/she practices
- Board Eligible/Board Certified by the appropriate certifying board
- Must apply for and maintain medical staff membership and clinical privileges at appropriate facilities if required by the Employment Agreement.
- Summit Medical Consultants