Primary Care/Geriatrics Opportunities - Northern Virginia - Next to DC!!
Geriatrics Physicians - Skilled and Long Term Care - Monday thru Friday with only occasional Saturdays
Large Healthcare System in northern Virginia is now seeking board certified Internal and Family Medicine physicians to join an established, committed Geriatrics team within our program. Under the guidance of our Medical Director of Geriatrics Services and the Chief Medical Officer, the selected candidates would:
• Participate in the geriatrics service in provision of direct patient care and appropriate related services to the patient and family
• Oversee the work of the geriatrics services team RN, NP, or PA with direct patient care activities
• Contribute in the development and review of appropriate clinical protocols and processes that support high quality geriatrics care
• Determine the provision of clinical care to patients in accordance with the schedule determined by the needs of the service and immediate clinical team members
• Participate in on-call coverage with the interdisciplinary team to ensure 24 hour seven days per week coverage
• Attend interdisciplinary team meetings to review active cases or issues that have been identified that need further discussion
• Review, oversee, and document patient care by team RN, NP, or PA’s
• Attend monthly and periodic team meetings for the operational and administrative functions of the team
• Direct, organize, coordinate, and provide education to the trainees that rotate through the service
Depending on the geriatric service line(s) that he/she is selected for, it is crucial that the candidate build effective relationships with referring physicians to ensure excellent team follow-up, as well as an improved culture of collaboration among specialists, primary care physicians, nurses, and other staff to meet the needs of geriatrics and/or homebound and advanced illness patients. In addition, he/she will be expected to provide clinical expertise within the Skilled and Long Term Care, Geriatrics Consult Clinic, Advanced Illness Clinic and/or Housecall service lines to improve patient care for patients.
• Licensed as a physician in the Commonwealth of Virginia
• Privileges at the Medical Campus - member in good standing
• Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Practice
• Preferred: Fellowship training in geriatrics and /or palliative care
• High level of interpersonal skills that allows effective communications with a wide variety of clinicians, physicians, patients, affiliated institutions and the general public and with appropriate ties to prospective educational sources.
Schedule Type full time
Compensation: Base Salary between $180K - $200K and higher, full benefits package including paid malpractice, relocation, cme, vacation, 401k, health insurance and more.