Title: Geriatrics Physician
Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Physician and Physician Assistant
Description: Our client, one of the nation's largest academic medical centers, is offering a unique opportunity for a Geriatrics Physician who seeks a versatile and dynamic work environment. The Physician will join the Geriatrics Faculty which is comprised of a team of twelve colleagues. The Geriatrician accepting this position will spend approximately 70% of their time providing inpatient care (Geriatrics Orthopedic Co-Management, Geriatrics Hospitalists) and 30% of their time providing ambulatory care. The ambulatory role includes Preoperative Medical Assessment (POMA) for elective joint patients as well as geriatrics consultations within the dementia evaluation practice.
The Division of Geriatrics collaborates with the Department of Orthopedics on a Geriatrics-Orthopedics Co-Management model, which provides comprehensive treatment for older adults with hip fractures and other traumatic injuries as well as high risk adults with elective joint replacements. Housed in the state-of-the-art Center for Joint Replacement Surgery, the Geriatrician works with the Orthopedic surgeon and other members of the interdisciplinary team to provide timely, coordinated team-based care which integrates the latest evidence-based practice and serves as a site for ongoing research and innovation. Additionally, the geriatricians perform Preoperative Medical Assessments (POMA) for all adults undergoing elective joint replacement. The Geriatrician is a critical member of the team providing this integrated subspecialty care.
The program includes an interdisciplinary team designed to meet the needs of the patients with Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementia. The geriatrician's role includes addressing complex comorbidities, performing a comprehensive geriatric assessment and collaborating with the entire team to address long term planning and an ambulatory role.
Join a team focused on innovative techniques, excellence in patient care and making a difference in the community.
- Educate, train and supervise medical students and residents
- Consult Geriatric patients in medical practice setting
- Provide comprehensive geriatric care.
- Participate in meetings, conferences and weekly case conference meetings as requested or required.
- Provide supervision and guidance to staff members.
- Provide ambulatory care, travel between sites required
- Responsible for Orthopedic /Co-management Services: 50% Inpatient 50% Outpatient
- Faculty appointment available
- MD degree
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Geriatric Medicine
- Fellowship trained in Geriatric Medicine
- Valid New York State License or Eligible to Obtain
- DEA License required
- Medicaid number required
- Teaching required
- Research preferred but not mandatory
- Competitive compensation with additional bonus and incentives
- Excellent benefits