At Cano Health, our culture is a “family of families”, growing stronger together to improve the lives of our patients, communities, and our associates. A culture that succeeds because of the hearts and minds of our people. A leadership culture that cultivates and empowers our people to gain ownership for their contributions and success.
The Physician will provide health care for individuals in the Clinic commensurate with training and in accordance with the general policies and standards of practice, as established by the clinic. Delivers care appropriate for center with a multicultural patient population. Elicits detailed patient histories and conducts complete physician examinations. Reaches diagnosis and orders appropriate laboratory tests and referrals, etc., as well as counsels’ patient and family on health and disease.
- Monday - Friday
- Office Hours: 8:00am -5:00pm
- Provide all physician care generally provided at a family practice or managed care facility.
- Actively manage all aspects of patient care while on shift. Supervise and direct the center’s other clinical staff (Medical Assistants, X-Ray Technicians, etc.).
- Ensure that all charts and medical records are accurately completed in a timely manner; and adhere to all clinical policies and procedures.
- Arrange for referral resources for those medical specialties not provided at the urgent care center.
- Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings; refer and transfer patients for follow-up and/or specialty care and discharge patients.
- Participate in the development of clinic protocols and formulary.
- Document each on site/in office procedure, prescription, consultation, and patient contact in patient's chart and on the clinic’s, encounter forms, within a 24-hour period.
- Perform such clinical procedures for patient's benefit which are within scope and skill of practitioner, and which are economically feasible.
- Provide supervision in case assignment to nurse practitioner/physician assistant, including sign off on charts, where applicable.
- Perform other job-related duties, as may be assigned, by the Chief Medical
Cano Health offers competitive salaries, medical, dental & vision insurance, employee mental health program, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) with employer match, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement and much more!
- Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) and valid unencumbered license to practice the profession
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Current active Federal and State DEA License
Cano Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.