Looking for an experienced Endocrinologist to join an established practice in Coos County.
Job Quick Facts
* Specialty: Endocrinology
* Facility Location: Lancaster, NH
* Board Requirement: BC/BE
* License Requirement: NH
* Additional Requirement:
- 3-5yrs experience (post education)
- The provider must have provided endocrinology treatment for at least 50 patients during the past 12 months.
* Reason for Need: Vacancy
* Coverage Period: July 2021 - Ongoing
* Service Setting: Inpatient/Outpatient
* Coverage Type: Scheduled Clinical Hours Only
* Shift schedule: 8a-5p
- 2 days per week at Lancaster, NH
- 2 days per week at Berlin, NH
- 1 day telehealth
* Ave. no. of patients per physician per day: 12-16
- 30mins for follow-ups
- 45mins for new patients
* Types of cases: Diabetes type I and II, Thyroid, Osteoporosis, etc.
* Staff: Diabetes team, LMA, ILPN, Certified Diabetes Educators, Diabetes NP at WMC, & CCFHS (Summer 2022)
* Required Procedures: Evaluate, diagnose, treat & provide consultation to patients of all ages presenting with conditions, disorders, and diseases of the endocrine glands metabolic and nutritional, diabetes, pituitary diseases and menstrual and gonadal problems
* On-site imaging: Thyroid ultrasound, fine-needle aspiration, thyroid scan, bone density, x-ray, CT- MRI Parathyroid scans, & ultrasound-guided biopsy.
* Onsite PT/OT
* Additional info:
- Radioactive Iodine uptake test and scan not currently available but could be considered based on demand for the test.
- TSH, Free T4, Total T4 and Vitamin D done in house.
- Hemoglobin A1C is sent to hospital in NCH.
- Most other endocrinology test requests would be sent to external lab.
* EMR: Meditech Expanse
* Competitive Salary
* Sign On Bonus
* Student Loan Repayment, Assistance and Housing Stipend
* CME Allowance; 1 week and $4000
* PTO: 5 weeks
* Health, Dental, HRA/HSA, Vision, Life Insurance
* Short and Long Term Disability
* Program Development Stipend
* Medical Directorship and Leadership opportunities
The 25-bed critical access facility is well known through its ability to provide extensive services utilizing state-of-the-art technology, while maintaining the personalized care of a community hospital. In addition, a wide variety of outpatient services are available which includes cardiac and physical rehabilitation, oncology, emergency care, and radiology.
The town, known as "the friendly town in the friendly state", is located along the Connecticut River. This rural town is best suited for outdoor enthusiast who prefers a quiet and friendly community where you can breathe fresh air. Cycling, skiing and camping are some of the well-known recreational activities done in the community. Part of the town sits on the White Mountain National Forest where lots of year-round fairs and activities take place. Having said that, there is very limited shopping, theatres, and amenities options without having to drive to nearby metropolitan areas (Boston, Manchester, Montreal). The nearest airport is in Portland, ME which is 2.7 hours away.