- Outpatient clinic only; Adult patients 18+
- Clinic hours Monday – Friday 8AM-5PM
- Average of 18-20 patients per day; no nights or weekends
- Shared call amongst the providers. Triaged through MyNurse
- Opportunity to work with patients with diabetes on an outpatient basis.
- Provide diabetes education and management to our patients and families
- Focus on planning, supervising treatments, and monitoring of diabetes related health concerns.
- Evaluate and treat multiple endocrine diseases.
- Work in collaboration with Diabetes Educators from an ADA Accredited Diabetes Self-Management program.
- Coordinating care of patients and working in collaboration with the patient’s primary care provider.
- Exercises independent judgements in the assessment, coordination, management and evaluation of certain medical processes and procedures, under the guidelines of the scope of practice and medical protocols.
- Ability to work as a team member to improve the health of the people and communities we serve
Compensation. The Starting Salary Is $75,000 To $125,000 More Compared To Starting positions located in Madison and Chicago. Coupled With A Cost Of Living Of 20% Lower Than The Aforementioned Metropolitan Areas, Provides Significant Purchasing Power To Build Their Dream Home, Payoff School Loans And Retire Early.
The Housing Market. 4 beds 4 baths 4,584 sqft Beautiful English Tudor with just under 5000 sq ft of living space. Situated on a wooded acreage All of the rooms in this home are enormous. On the main floor you'll find a wonderful 2 story great room that features beautiful floor to ceiling fireplace and windows. There's separate living and dining areas too. The kitchen has excellent storage and countertop space. French doors from kitchen lead to 3 season porch that overlooks private back yard. . This home can be yours for $369,900.
The Community. Cedar Rapids preserves a small-town atmosphere in a metropolitan setting. The industrial and cultural center of eastern Iowa, the city has undergone growth and development as it gains prominence in high-technology industries and in export trade. Expansion has been carefully monitored by civic leaders, however, so that international business may be conducted at an unhurried pace and residents may maintain their midwestern traditions. Cedar Rapids is the seat of Linn County and adjoins the city of Marion.
The Employer. Organization recognizes the need for a quality work-life balance. Collaborative physician / hospital partnership to better serve Cedar Rapids community. As the area’s leader in heart care, this organization offers a full spectrum of advanced cardiovascular services, from prevention and diagnostics through treatment and cardiac rehabilitation. Leading heart hospital and has been recognized as a Truven Top 50 Heart Hospital six times for offering better outcomes for our patients with comprehensive cardiac services. For more than 40 years, we have performed open-heart surgery in Cedar Rapids, as a trusted leader, specializing in innovation and the latest technology.Closest Major City
- 139 miles to Madison, WI
- 207 miles to Milwaukee, WI
- 207 miles to Chicago, IL
- 218 miles to Saint Paul, MN
- 223 miles to Minneapolis, MN
- University of Iowa (about 24 miles; Iowa City, IA; Full-time enrollment: 24,735)
- Hawkeye Community College (about 46 miles; Waterloo, IA; FT enrollment: 7,160)
- University of Northern Iowa (about 55 miles; Cedar Falls, IA; FT enrollment: 10,816)
- Upper Iowa University (about 60 miles; Fayette, IA; FT enrollment: 5,275)
- Cedar Rapids has the largest park system in Iowa, with more than 75 parks on more than 4,000 acres of land.
- Recreation facilities include 6 aquatic centers, 50 ball fields, 30 volleyball courts, 3 outdoor ice rinks, 4 cross-country ski trails, 50 tennis courts, and 30 soccer fields.
- For the golfing enthusiast, the city also has 4 municipal golf courses, 4 privately owned golf courses, and 3 country clubs.
- At Cheyenne Park, dog owners can use an 18-acre, fenced, off-leash dog exercise area. The area is also home to many miles of nature trails.
- The Cedar Valley Nature Trail, once a railroad bed, offers 52 miles of trails for biking, hiking, and skiing through recreation areas, along riverbanks, and through small towns.
- The Sac and Fox National Recreational Trail follows Indian Creek through wooded areas and is used for hiking, horseback riding, bicycling, skiing, and dog sledding.
- Tanger Outlet Mall
- DICK'S Sporting Goods