**Endocrinology opening: Michigan City, IN**
Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, 1Hr to Chicago
**About the Position**
- Full-time, permanent
- The candidate will carry on the legacy of the practice located in Michigan City, Indiana.
- Physician will work collaboratively with a current team of one endocrinologist, an endocrinology nurse practitioner, RN-CDE, RD and 5 support staff to deliver the highest quality patient care.
- Active program utilizing the latest technologies for treating type 1 diabetes and draw patients from all Northern Indiana and South West Michigan.
**What to Expect**
- Flexible Outpatient Schedule: Monday-Friday
- Average outpatient volume: 15-20 per day
- Inpatient consultations at our brand new hospital
- Inpatient rounding:1 2 times per week
- Certified Diabetes Educator onsite
- Registered Dietician onsite
- EPIC electronic medical record
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin pumps
- Primary Hyperparathyroidism
- Hyperthyroidism, Hypothyroidism
- Thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Pituitary-Adrenal Disorder
**About the Group**
- Health group brings together the many primary care and specialty physician groups associated with Health Group's hospitals and access points across Indiana and Illinois.
- Group includes over 1,000 physicians and advanced practice providers.
- With 13 hospitals, Health is one of the largest health care systems in the Midwest.
- Of its 260+ locations, many are nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence.
- Health Group strives to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits.
- Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives
- Generous recruitment bonus program including relocation allowance; commencement and retention packages
- Time off and continuing medical education (CME) support
- Paid malpractice
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Customized marketing support
- Leadership development through board and committee opportunities
- Michigan City is a lake-side city located in beautiful LaPorte County, IN.
- Home to the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, Michigan City has a small city, rural and suburban feel that offers affordable cost of living with excellent school options including private and public schools.
- Lake Michigan is at your doorstep with swimming, fishing, boating and many other water activities.
- Visit downtown Michigan City for shopping, restaurants and a great sunset over Lake Michigan.
**Michigan City Attractions:**
- Lake Michigan Beaches
- Uptown Arts District
- LaPorte County Historical Society Museum
- Family-owned orchards, farms, and wineries