**Division of Endocrinology Chair Opportunity in Burlington, MA**
Located 17 miles from Boston
- Full-time, permanent position
- Candidates should have excellent management and interpersonal skills that will allow them to lead, grow and develop a division of highly skilled clinicians, researchers and support staff, along with a continued interest in the practice and advancement of endocrinology.
- The division comprises 11 senior staff physicians, 2 advanced practice professionals, 2 clinical fellows, and 1 RN CDE who provide outpatient services at Burlington, Peabody, Lexington and Derry, NH, as well as services in Bermuda. The division was recently recognized as a High Performing Specialty by U.S. News and World Report in 2019.
- The division has a strong commitment to education. The Endocrine Fellowship program is associated with Tufts University School of Medicine with 2 clinical fellows in a 2 year program supervised by the Fellowship Program Director. Staff also supports the Internal Medicine residency program through preceptorship in the clinic and lecturing as part of the subspecialty curriculum.
-Teaching medical students from Tufts University who rotate various clinical rotations is encouraged.
- The responsibilities of the Chair include the direction and administration of the professional, operational, education and research programs of the Division. The Chair is responsible for physician recruitment and professional development, achievement of divisional quality, financial, and patient satisfaction goals, development of new strategic initiatives, effective management of resource allocation within the division, and optimization of divisional operations. Candidates should have an established record of achievement in endocrinology. Candidates should be prepared to lead the division in a growing health system while ensuring the delivery of excellent clinical care in partnership with advanced practice providers, teaching trainees, and fostering research.
- Applicants must be board certified in Endocrinology and have a strong academic background reflected by an academic rank of Associate Professor or Professor. Additionally, management with strong medical operational expertise and leadership training is desired.