Our emergency medicine physicians are faculty members of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, one of the most prominent medical schools in the nation. Our affiliation with the medical school offers physicians an abundance of academic opportunities ranging from clinical research initiatives to lecture opportunities.
Expected rank is Assistant Professor or higher, however, rank and tenure status is dependent on candidate’s qualifications.
What you will find at Mercy Medical Center:
- Certified stroke center
- Advanced airway equipment, including video laryngoscopes (GlideScope®)
- Bedside ultrasound machines
- Separate pediatric urgent care area
- Annual patient volume of 66,000
- 48 ED beds and 215 inpatient beds
- Magnet status awarded in 2012 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Competitive annual salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid vacation, sick time, holidays and personal days
- Tax-free tuition reimbursement
- Retirement plan 401(k) with employer match
- Annual stipend for CME, licenses, dues to professional organizations, etc.
UMB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.