Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
This Central Georgia medical center is seeking an Emergency Medicine Program Director to lead the hospital in the development and implementation of a new Emergency Medicine Residency Program. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated leader to have input on building a program from the ground up.
• Must be Board Certified in Emergency Medicine by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
• Have 3 years previous educational leadership experience as a core faculty, associate program director, or program director in an ACGME accredited emergency medicine program.
• Be willing to combine Administrative and clinical Responsibilities with 20 hours per week of clinical duties
• Have strong administrative and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Responsibilities will include:
• Authority and accountability for the operation of the Emergency Medicine residency program
• Development of curriculum, policies, and procedures for the program
• Obtaining and maintaining ACGME accreditation
• Fulfilling responsibilities of the program director as defined in the ACGME Emergency medicine
• Recruiting residents into the program and developing evaluation process for performance
• Participating in competency evaluations of residents and faculty
• Serving on the Graduate Medical Education Committee to formulate institutional policy involving resident supervision, transitions of care, patient safety, professionalism, and quality improvement.
• Development of a program budget and oversight of budget execution under supervision of DIO
• Supervision of the emergency medicine program coordinator and associate program director
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply. The program director will be a direct report to the facility Designated Institutional Official.
The Health System is a three-hospital system located in Macon. Over the last 40 years, it has been our privilege to care for many of the residents within Macon and the middle Georgia communities. Coliseum Health System has a total of over 350 beds, more than 1400 dedicated employees, and over 500 physicians with privileges. The Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations accredits all three facilities.
Macon, GA is only a 1 hour drive from Atlanta! It is the 4th largest city in Georgia situated in the Heart of Georgia. It is the perfect sized city without all the congestion or pollution of the bigger cities! Here you can experience the change of seasons without the hazards or frustrations of the harsh winters. Enjoy outdoor activities year-round; Macon is great for nature lovers with beautiful lakes and numerous parks. Macon also boasts great shopping with major stores such as Macy's as well as unique boutiques. Macon is also a great place for music lovers as the city hosts many concerts throughout the year. This city is located right off of I-75 and I-16 making it easily accessible for travel into and out of Macon.
During his twenty-three years representing the second largest hospital in Georgia, W. Asbury Stembridge, Jr., FACHE had a driving passion to provide the highest quality healthcare to his hometown Macon, GA. This passion energized his quest to find the most qualified physicians in the country to join his hospital staff and become valuable community members. Asbury recognized early on that successfu...