This job is archived
Allegheny Health Network (AHN) is seeking a system-wide EMS Medical Director to provide direction, leadership, and guidance to all network EMS Medical Directors. If you’re interested and have more than five years of experience in emergency medicine, EMS leadership roles, or other leadership experience.
The AHN Network-Wide EMS Medical Director will work in concert with Prehospital Care Services staff and AHNEMM President to facilitate appropriate EMS Medical Direction for Allegheny Health Network. This position won't have a focused location and rather oversee all EMS programs throughout AHN.
Our system currently includes 17 sites ranging from brand new Neighborhood Hospitals seeing 10,000-20,000 lower-acuity emergency patients per year, to busy community and teaching hospitals in suburban and college-town communities. Other hospitals vary from high acuity seeing 50,000+ pts./yr., to teaching facilities with emergency medicine residency training programs and rural/small-town facilities. The System EMS Director may be based in any of these communities, and clinical shifts may be at one of more or more than one of the system sites depending on availability and the interests of the chosen candidate.
In this role, you will:
- Be considered a mobile and network resource
- Assure the EMS services system-wide are given appropriate medical direction, appropriate onboarding, and education
- Report to the President of AHNEMM, AHN VP Prehospital Care Services, and matrix with AHN Senior Leadership
- Assist the ED Medical Director & EMS Coordinator at Allegheny Health Network Emergency Medicine Management (AHNEMM) sites with regulations, care updates
- Equity for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading, company funded 401k
- Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Outstanding professional development programs
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Location flexibility and stability of a national group