This job is archived
As a medical director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. You will serve as a leader both within the emergency room, and as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Prior experience is required to be considered for this position.
Review position details below and apply online:Details
- Oversee the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Supervise the EM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- Brand-new, fully-licensed hospital offering emergency, primary and specialty care will open in December 2019
- The 25,000 sq. ft. facility will have with 10 - 12 inpatient beds
- Lab services and diagnostic radiology including CT and ultrasound will be available on site
- ED Volume: 15,000
- State-of-the-art, fully-equipped, 8 - 10 bed emergency department
- Staffed by emergency medicine board certified physicians and appropriate support staff
- Easy access and established transfer protocols to all Allegheny Health Network facilities for a full continuum of care via AHN One-Call program
- 24 hours of single physician coverage per day with 12-hour shifts
Harmar is located just off the Allegheny Valley exit of the Pennsylvania Turnpike near the Harmar / Cheswick / Springdale and the Aspinwall / Blawnox / Fox Chapel / Indiana and O’Hara neighborhoods. It is also proximate to Pittsburgh’s city neighborhoods, world-class dining, cultural district/theatres, shopping, the three rivers and the Pittsburgh International Airport. Residential options range from urban to rural, housing remains very affordable, and award-winning/nationally ranked public and private schools are available throughout the region.
- Equity for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading, company funded 401k
- Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Outstanding Professional development programs
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Location flexibility and stability of a national group