You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence, science-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
- West Penn Hospital is a 308-bed academic medical center that provides emergency services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and inpatient and outpatient care for the full range of medical and surgical conditions
- West Penn Hospital's obstetrics program is one of the busiest in the region, with more than 3000 deliveries each year, and its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit admits about 700 critically ill newborns annually, making it one of the region's largest referral centers
- Primary Stroke Center designation and collaboration with Allegheny General Hospital
- ED Volume: 24,000
- Recently renovated, state-of-the-art Emergency Department
- Efficient layout with 23 private patient treatment rooms (5 in a separate 'rapid-treat' area) and dedicated X-ray and CT rooms in the department
- Broad pathology with high admission rate
- Well-equipped including GlideScope and ED ultrasound
- Computers in each room; physician order entry; Epic EMR; M*Modal charting
- Emergency physicians do not write admitting orders or respond to floor codes
- EMS Medical Command Center with on-site medical coordinator, and EMS teaching opportunity through the Star Center
West Penn is situated in eastern Pittsburgh’s Bloomfield community, adjacent to Shadyside, Squirrel Hill and Oakland, and easily commutable from the city’s most desired residential areas and suburbs. A friendly, hardworking character and sense of pride permeates the region and its unique neighborhoods.
- Equity for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading, company funded 401k
- Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Outstanding Professional development programs
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Location flexibility and stability of a national group