You got into medicine to do one thing: care for patients. You've come to the right place.
Ours is a physician-owned group, the largest in the nation, meaning we have built a model that allows our physicians to focus on our mission: to care for patients. It also means we are built to last, with the size, resources, and opportunities of a national company.
At US Acute Care Solutions you will get ownership in the group, access to the very best post-residency continuing medical education in the nation, and a culture devoted to constant improvement by practicing evidence, science-based medicine. But most importantly, you’ll get colleagues who, as leaders of their own destiny, are committed to a culture of shared ownership over our common goal: outstanding patient care.
- Jefferson Hospital is proud that nearly every room in this 370-bed award-winning hospital is private, affording patients improved comfort in an atmosphere conducive to healing.
- A medical staff of nearly 400 physicians provides patients with their expertise in more than 40 specialties including comprehensive inpatient and outpatient surgical services, a Cardiovascular Institute, Cancer Institute, Orthopaedic Institute, Women and Infants Center, Women's Diagnostic Center, Sleep Disorders Center, Wound Care Center and Therapy Services.
- Jefferson Hospital was the first hospital in Pennsylvania to be designated by the American Heart Association as a Mission: Lifeline Heart Attack Receiving Center.
- More than 5,000 open-heart procedures and more than 21,000 cardiac catheterizations have been performed at Jefferson’s Heart Institute.
- Jefferson Hospital has won numerous awards in recent years in the areas of stroke and cardiac care including HealthGrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence and Vascular Care Excellence Awards, Solucient – Top 100 Hospitals: Stroke Benchmarks for Success and Intensive Care Units, and HealthGrades Stroke Excellence Award.
- ED Volume: 48,000
- Broad Pathology with 30% admission rate
- Modern, 37-bed ED has 2 sections with separate work stations central to treatment rooms
- Well-equipped including GlideScope and Sonosite ultrasound machine; Soarian EMR
- Active EMS program offering medical command and education/grand rounds to a number of local services
- Stroke Center telemedicine
- Only complicated pediatric cases are transferred
- Jefferson Hospital Quick Care is a dedicated fast-track area open from 11 am – 11pm daily
- Excellent diagnostic radiology services include latest CT, MRI and 24-hour ultrasound
- EPIC is used as the medical recording system
- Dictate all charts with M Modal
Jefferson Hills is situated in Pittsburgh’s South Hills proximate to a number of desirable residential areas. Jefferson Hills, Pleasant Hills, Mt. Lebanon, Upper St. Clair and Bethel Park boast excellent schools and a wide variety of housing ranging from historic homes to new construction in urban neighborhoods to rural settings. Downtown Pittsburgh is minutes away and the area provides the full range of recreational and cultural options including professional sports, world-class dining and shopping, riverside trail network and watersports, plus the mountains of the Laurel Highlands just a short drive away. Pittsburgh International Airport is close by, and the South Hills has a modern commuter rail system. Pittsburgh has been named one of America’s most livable cities many times.Benefits
- Equity for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading, company funded 401k
- Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Outstanding Professional development programs
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Location flexibility and stability of a national group