Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
**Emergency Residency Program Director opening in AL**
Located in Dothan
Tallahassee, FL 95m; Montgomery, AL 102m
Seeking an Emergency Residency Program Director.
- Responsibilities will include teaching medical students and residents
- Candidates must be BE or BC
-Academic Experience Required
- Well-established single hospital group
- All ED physicians are residency-trained and board-certified in Emergency Medicine, with an average of 12 years practice experience
- High acuity ED with over 60,000 annual patient visits
- Independent fast track staffed mid-level providers
- Hospitalist service handles unassigned general medicine admissions from ED
- Immediate equitable scheduling with a 6-7 day block off every month
- Highly competitive compensation package $200/hour base pay plus bonus/incentives/benefits
- Signing bonus and educational loan repayment available
- One of the largest not-for-profit tertiary referral centers in Alabama
- 420 licensed bed facility
- 2,800+ dedicated employees
- 320 active Medical Staff
- Level 2 trauma center with EM residency trained physicians (60,000 annual visits)
- 22 ORs with 2 endovascular suites and open heart, IR and Vas surgery
- Interventional cardiology, EP and radiology labs, lithotripsy, 2 MRIs, 3 CTs including a 64 slice CT and Pet Scanner
- 24/7 Neurosurgery coverage with 4 employed neurosurgeons
- Comprehensive cancer network with clinics in Dothan and Enterprise, AL and Marianna, FL.
- UAB Cancer Center affiliate
- 50-bed inpatient psychiatric program and outpatient center with psychiatric hospitalist coverage
- 32 ICU beds
- Dedicated Family Birth Center with 27 LDRP suites for family-centered care (more than 1,700 deliveries per year)
- The first class of 163 students will graduate from the new Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)in May 2017. ACOM is Alabamas first osteopathic medical school and the first in the U.S. to be developed by a regional medical center.
- Serves over 600,000 in a 75-mile radius
- Friendly small-town environment with enjoyable pace of life
- Excellent area to raise a family
- Low cost of living
- Nearby lakes and rivers and less than 100 miles to Gulf Coast Beaches
- Robust business environment ranked #1 in retail sales in Alabama (per capita)
- Highland Oaks, a Robert Trent Jones Golf Course, and other public and private golf courses and driving ranges
- Regional Airport served by Delta Airlines
- Recognized as a Playful City with 19 parks, 6 public swimming pools, 47 tennis courts including a 20-court complex built to professional standards