This regional medical center in Central Florida near Orlando and University of Central Florida's Emergency Medicine Residency Program are in need of an Emergency Medicine Program Director to replace an excellent and hardworking Director who will be leaving us for personal reasons. Come be a part of an educational environment conducive to educating residents in each of the ACGME competency areas by thru quality of didactic and clinical education of the residency program. Candidate will replace the leaving physician and pick up where she is leaving it.
Qualifications of an ACGME Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director are:
* Must possess requisite specialty expertise and documented and administrative experience acceptable to the Review Committee
* Have current certification in the specialty by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
* Have current medical licensure
* Has at least three years' experience as a core faculty member in an ACGME-accredited emergency medicine program
* Maintain active clinical practice in emergency medicine
Our ideal candidate would be someone that meets the above and has:
* A minimum of three years' experience as a current Program Director or Associate Program Director.
* Produced works of scholarship as evidenced by peer reviewed publications of original research, review articles, textbook chapters as well as presentations at local, regional or national professional or scientific meetings.
*82,000 combined annual ED visits: 66,000 Main ED and 16,000 Peds ED
*Level II Trauma Center
*New EM Residency partnership between the UCF College of Medicine and Osceola Regional Medical Center started 2015/16 with first class coming out this year
*Main ED: 55-bed ED and Fast Track Treatment area
*Meditech Documentation EMR
*9-bed PEDS ED with dedicated staff: 24 hrs of physician coverage
*Secondary Stand Alone ER Campus located in Hunters Creek in South Orlando next to the JW Marriot and Ritz
*Stellar subspecialty backup due to trauma designation - trauma surgeons and anesthesia in-house 24/7
Additional certs required: BC/BP EM (ABEM/AOBEM) Residency Trained. Must have active ATLS, BLS, ACLS and PALS. 16 trauma CME's and 10 stroke CME's
The Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited 404-bed level II trauma hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. It is centrally located in the heart of Kissimmee, only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana. The Kissimmee area has pleasing family oriented residential communities with quick access to multiple theme parks and numerous cultural opportunities. Both the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico beaches are just a short drive away.
For more information, please contact