Job Description & Requirements
Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Physician in Maryland
StartDate: ASAP Pay Rate: $240000.00 - 300000.00
The Department of Academics at Merritt Hawkins has partnered with Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and the Department of Emergency Medicine to recruit additional faculty to one of the most prestigious universities in the country. The Division of Emergency Ultrasound is seeking to expand with the recruitment of additional fellowship-trained faculty. The ultrasound division hosts multiple educational and administrative programs that include residents, fellows, medical students, faculty, and interdepartmental collaborations. Faculty members at Johns Hopkins are active in research, medical education, simulation, and engaged in clinical emergency medicine.
All applicants must be board certified, or board prepared, in emergency medicine and also possess leadership skills in the clinical setting and a commitment to excellence in patient care, clinical operations, and education. A successful candidate will work as part of a collegial and motivated team of ultrasound enthusiasts and have a record of excellence in point-of-care ultrasound education, and experience in quality assurance and research.
Attractive Compensation and Benefits – The Department offers a newly updated and nationally competitive compensation program, comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for professional development.
Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Faculty
- Must be ultrasound fellowship trained or RDMS certified
- Responsibilities include ultrasound operations, quality oversight and a particular focus on residency and fellowship ultrasound curriculum
- Multiple needs within the division - Opportunities for leadership and innovation of educational programs and research are available, with protected time for academic pursuits.
- Potential for role as Fellowship Director - for a candidate with appropriate experience in education, there is potential to take the lead
- Academic appointment will be commensurate with experience and skill - open to rank
- Johns Hopkins Medicine encompasses 3 main sites. Johns Hopkins Hospital is a 1000-bed Level 1 trauma center and academic hospital in Baltimore, MD, the flagship of our healthcare system. Johns Hopkins Bayview is a 420-bed Level 2 trauma center and academic hospital home to our regional burn center, also in Baltimore, MD. Johns Hopkins Howard County General Hospital is a 25-bed community hospital in Columbia, MD.
Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
UltrasoundJob BenefitsAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Emergency Medicine Physician, Emergency Medical Services, Emergency Physician, Em Physician, Em Doctor, Urgent Care, Emergency Room, Er, Em, Emergency Medicine, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md