In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Island our teams accommodate more than 250,000 outpatient visits, more than 89,000 emergency room visits, and with 371 beds, more than 15,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
We are currently seeking applicants to provide moonlighting( per diem) coverage in our state of the art Emergency Department.
- More than 90,000 annual volume with a 13% admission rate with separate pediatric and psychiatric emergency departments
- High acuity of patients – over 10% of our patients are assigned ESI levels 1 & 2
- Full complement of back-up services including: anesthesia, general surgery, OB/GYN, neurosurgery, urology, orthopedics, podiatry, ophthalmology, critical care, and cardiology
- Newly appointed AOA-approved 4 year Emergency Medicine residency with plans for ACGME accreditation
- Board Certified/Eligible in Emergency Medicine (ABEM)
- NYS license
- Bilingual English and any second language a plus