This job is archived
- Work with investigators, manager and other clinical research staff to facilitate efficient study development and initiation by becoming familiar with all protocols prior to the initiation of each new trial.
- Performs Patient Evaluations as outlined in the protocol
- Hold informed consent discussions and answers questions that may arise for patients regarding drug interactions
- Performs complete, brief and symptom directed Physical Exams
- Skin Assessments related to Psoriasis or the specified condition being treated under the study protocol.
- Adverse Event Evaluations and Causality
- Review Labs
- Review EKGs
- Attend Investigator Meetings (off-site)
- Attend Site Evaluation Meeting (on –site)
- Attend Initiation Meetings (on-site)
- Attend IRB meetings to defend protocols as/if/when needed (USUALLY on Phase one studies)
- Attend Teleconferences to update study status reports and for ongoing training (on-site)
- Attend meetings once results from studies are in – (May be on site or off site)
- Responsible for building relationships with internal staff, other healthcare providers and external entities.
- Liaise with other healthcare providers- PCPs
- Provide physician oversight while dosing on all trials; especially Phase one trials
- Con med review/evaluations
- Be available to monitors if questions arise from data being reviewed
- Responsible for maintaining courteous and respectful communication with research staff and to ensure that we maintain clinical research according to Good Clinic Practices within the boundaries established by the sponsors protocol.
- Attends Investigator meetings as required per each sponsor's protocol.
- Various other duties, not specified herein, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the Good Clinical practices, Departmental principles and practices pertaining to conducting each protocol in compliance with sponsor, federal, state, and institutional regulations.
- Able to discuss and explain each protocol in layman’s terms and scientific terms. Ability to work as a physician yet, under the leadership and guidance of the departmental manager while agreeing on priorities.
- Creativity with subject recruitment to meet sponsors deadlines.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to manage time multiple priorities.
- Texas Licensed, DO or MD
- Minimum of 2 years clinical research experience
- Board certified dermatologist