Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Well established children's facility is seeking a Medical Director for their Pediatric Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit
324 bed children’s hospital that treats more than 8,000 children each year and has become a regional pediatric destination for more than 84,000 children. It has an active perinatal service with over 6000 deliveries annually to the adjacent birth center. The hospital serves as the major referral center for the over 500,000 but reaches an additional 2 million people in the immediate vicinity.
The hospital is part of a combined pediatric residency program where Physicians are members of the voluntary faculty. The hospital has several other residency and fellowship programs and the critical care division is actively involved in the training of pediatric, anesthesia and emergency medicine residents.
There are approximately 1400 admissions annually to the PICU and CTICU. The pediatric heart program has increased emphasis on higher level complexity and neonatal cardiac surgery. The program participates in both Virtual PICU (VPS) and Society of Thoracic Surgeon Congenital Heart Surgery database.
Primary responsibility will be providing direct patient care to patients in the Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit (CITU) and overseeing all of the critical care team responsible for caring for these patients. The director will also be responsible for administrative duties, including education, quality assurance and ongoing performance improvement.
Financial & Benefits
- A minimum of 5 post-fellowship years of extensive experience in the care of neonates and children with complex congenital and acquired heart disease, including postoperative care
- Board certification in pediatric critical care medicine and/ or pediatric cardiology and must be eligible for a medical license in the state of California
- Pediatric ECMO experience
- Clinical expertise and experience in cardiac critical care
- Base Salary + Bonuses. Salary dependent on training and experience
- Eligible to potentially become a Partner and Shareholder after two years
- Full and Comprehensive Benefits for Physician and Family
- Benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Malpractice Insurance and Tail coverage
- 401k retirement plan with employer contribution
- 529 College Savings plan
- Generous PTO plan
Long Beach is located on the coast of beautiful, sunny southern California. Long Beach has a small city feel with easy access to all the amenities and attractions of Los Angeles and Orange County, plus the mountains are just a short drive away.
For over a decade Palm Health Resources has specialized in the continuum of care of Health Recruitment for placement of Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, Nursing, Allied Health and Executive Leadership professionals of all specialties on a nationwide level. We offer both permanent and locum tenen staffing services. We are dedicated to creating lasting relationships with our clients and...