This job is archived
Company & Position Introduction:
PrimeCare Medical, Inc. (PCM) has been in operation since 1986. We are a private, physician-founded, nationally accredited correctional health care practice.
PCM provides comprehensive medical & mental health care services to over 80 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers; throughout the states of PA, MD, WV, NY, & NH.
Correctional medicine is a unique, challenging, and exciting opportunity for today’s medical professional in that it provides the ability to truly utilize all your learned medical skills and knowledge daily. Correctional health care is the perfect hybrid of Primary Care, Urgent Care, Emergency Medicine, and Addiction Medicine; serving an underserved and extremely diverse patient population.
We are currently looking for a Part-Time, Physician/Medical Director to join our team in the medical departments at the Lancaster County Prison in Lancaster, PA, the York County Prison in York, PA, and/or the Cumberland County Prison in Carlisle, PA.
This position offers a 16 - 24 hour work week, Monday's – Friday's (i.e. no weekends)! Weekly hours are normally worked during normal business hours; however, there is some flexibility available. A typical weekly schedule based on facility(ies) of interest would ideally be:
- 16 - 24 hours per week at the Lancaster County Prison,
- 16 - 24 hours per week at the York County Prison, and/or
- 2 - 4 hours per week at the Cumberland County Prison.
(Note: Those interested in working full-time for 40 hours per week could also be considered.)
To quickly summary some key points:
· Hourly compensation is negotiable and commensurate based on experience,
· Company-paid liability insurance (including tail) provided,
· Annual licensure reimbursement offered, and more.
· Provide service to the inmate/patient population while utilizing current, acceptable standards of medical practice.
· Assume responsibility for clinical management of the medical health program in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards, as well as PCM policies and procedures.
· Services to be provided on scheduled workdays according to standards and times mutually agreeable to physician, facility administration, and PCM.
· Provide medical treatment to confined inmates/patients, when applicable.
· Provide medical consultation to all professionals (i.e., physicians/mid-level providers/nursing) within the unit.
· Oversee and supervise all medical clinical services provided.
· Ensure complete, accurate and timely medical entries are made for each inmate/patient contact.
· Available for consultation and/or emergency medical coverage via phone call.
· Work collaboratively and supervise clinical activities of fellow physicians and medical staff while on duty.
· Evaluate all inmates/patients referred with medical health concerns for presence, or absence, of mental illness and refer to mental health accordingly.
· Refer inmates/patients as necessary to appropriate medical facilities when appropriate.
· Work collaboratively with pharmacy to evaluate and approve all medications and other medicinal preparations, which comprise the facility formulary.
· Establish and monitor standards of care provided by physicians, psychologist and nurses in accordance with NCCHC/ACA and accepted medical standards.
· Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine, specialty training preferred in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Correctional Medicine, and/or Urgent Care.
· Licensed to practice Medicine in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
· Board Certified or Board Eligible.
· Maintain current DEA number and eligible to prescribe medications in Pennsylvania.
· Buprenorphine Waiver/X-Waiver required.
· Maintain active BLS (i.e. CPR) certification.
· Maintain current Driver’s License.
We’re committed to managing and reducing risk in correctional healthcare by providing cost-effective quality healthcare management, continuously improving the standards of care.
Dedicated to correctional healthcare, PCM prides itself on our strong client relationships, effective and efficient management of healthcare services. These attributes continue to be the hallmark of our success. With new contracts established regularly, opportunities for development and advancement are ample.
PCM utilizes a proprietary EMR system customized to our practice, and specifically designed for correctional healthcare. Said technology is user-friendly, intuitive, and always available. At PCM, we’re invested in your long-term success and foster this by providing individually catered training to every one of our providers.
To learn more about why PrimeCare Medical, Inc. is The Choice for Quality Correctional Health Care, please apply today to schedule a phone interview. We’re ready to speak with you about joining our PrimeCare Medical family!