PrimeCare Medical of New York, Inc. (i.e., PCM), recruiting on behalf of Professional Care Medical Practice PC, has been in operation since 1986. We’re a privately owned, physician founded, nationally accredited correctional healthcare practice.
PCM provides comprehensive medical & mental health care services to over 80 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers throughout 5 different states in the Northeastern US (PA, MD, WV, NY, & NH); and was voted one of the Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies of 2019 by the Central PA Business Journal!
Correctional medicine is a unique, challenging, and exciting opportunity for today’s mental health professional in that it provides the ability to truly utilize all of your learned skills and knowledge on a daily basis. Correctional health care is the perfect hybrid of Outpatient and Inpatient Psychiatry, serving an often underserved and extremely diverse patient population.
We are currently looking for a part-time Psychiatrist to share his/her time weekly working on-site with our mental health teams at at the Ulster County Jail in Kingston, NY & Dutchess County Jail in Poughkeepsie, NY.
This position offers excellent scheduling flexibility and requires only 16 hours per week (i.e., one 8-hour shift at each location per week). Psychiatric care provided would be done so on-site, Monday's - Friday's, during normal business hours (i.e., ~8:00am - 4:30pm).
To quickly summary some key points:
- Hourly compensation is negotiable and commensurate based on experience,
- Company-paid liability insurance (including tail) included,
- Generous part-time PTO package offered,
- Partial annual licensure reimbursement offered, and more.
- Provide service to the inmate/patient population while utilizing current, acceptable standards of psychiatric practice.
- Assume responsibility for clinical management of the mental health program in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards, as well as PCM policies and procedures.
- Services to be provided on scheduled work days according to standards and times mutually agreeable to physician, facility administration, and PCM.
- Provide psychiatric treatment to confined inmates/patients (i.e. restricted housing, behavioral units, etc.).
- Provide psychiatric consultation to all professionals (i.e. physicians/nursing) within the unit.
- Oversee and supervise all psychiatric clinical services provided.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely psychiatric entries are made for each inmate/patient contact.
- Available for consultation and/or emergency psychiatric coverage.
- Work collaboratively and supervise clinical activities of fellow psychologist and medical staff while on duty.
- Evaluate all inmates/patients referred with mental health concerns for presence, or absence, of mental illness.
- Refer inmates/patients as necessary to appropriate psychiatric facilities when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with pharmacy to evaluate and approve all medications and other medicinal preparations, which comprise the facility formulary.
- Establish and monitor standards of care provided by physicians, psychologist and nurses in accordance with NCCHC/ACA and accepted psychiatric standards.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine, specialty in Psychiatry.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible.
- Licensed to practice Psychiatry within the State of New York.
- Maintain current DEA number & Buprenorphine Waiver (i.e., X-Waiver) and eligible to prescribe medications in New York.
- Maintain current Driver’s License.
We’re committed to managing and reducing risk in correctional health care by providing cost-effective quality healthcare management, continuously improving the standards of care and striving for national accreditation for all facilities.
Dedicated to correctional healthcare, PCM prides itself on our strong client relationships, as well as effective and efficient management of healthcare services. These attributes continue to be the hallmark of our success. With new contracts established regularly, opportunities for development and advancement are ample.
PCM utilizes a proprietary EMR system customized to our practice, and specifically designed for correctional healthcare. Said technology is user-friendly, intuitive, and always available.
At PCM we’re dedicated to your long-term success and foster this by providing individually catered training to every one of our physicians. We teach you how to document in real-time and tactfully structure our call requirements, to ensure that you’re life outside of your career is focused on the things that truly matter.
To learn more about why Professional Care Medical Practice PCis the choice for quality correctional health care, please apply today to schedule a phone interview. We’re ready to speak with you about joining our PrimeCare Medical family!