This job is archived
Company & Position Introduction:
PrimeCare Medical of New York, Inc. (i.e. PCM) has been in operation since 1986. We are a privately owned, physician founded, nationally accredited correctional healthcare practice.
PCM provides comprehensive medical, mental health, & dental care services to over 80 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers throughout the states of PA, MD, WV, NY, & NH; and was voted one of the Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies of 2019 by the Central PA Business Journal.
Correctional health care is a unique, challenging, and exciting opportunity for today’s medical professional in that it provides the ability to truly utilize all of your learned medical skills and knowledge on a daily basis. It is the perfect hybrid of Primary Care, Urgent Care, Emergency Medicine, and Addiction Medicine; providing care to an under-served, diverse, and appreciative patient population.
We are currently looking for a Part-Time, Physician/Medical Director to join our team and provide on-site medical care at the Niagara County Jail in Lockport, NY.
This position requires 12 hours/week, Monday’s – Friday’s, during normal business hours. This opportunity provides excellent flexibility around both your professional and personal life!
Some important key points:
- Compensation is negotiable and commensurate based on experience.
- Company-paid liability insurance (including tail coverage) provided.
- Annual licensure reimbursement available, and more.
- Provide service to the inmate/patient population while utilizing current, acceptable standards of medical practice.
- Assume responsibility for clinical management of the medical health program in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards, as well as PCM policies and procedures.
- Services to be provided on scheduled work days according to standards and times mutually agreeable to physician, facility administration, and PCM.
- Provide medical treatment to confined inmates/patients, when applicable.
- Provide medical consultation to all professionals (i.e. physicians/mid-level providers/nursing) within the unit.
- Oversee and supervise all medical clinical services provided.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely medical entries are made for each inmate/patient contact.
- Available for consultation and/or emergency medical coverage via phone call.
- Work collaboratively and supervise clinical activities of fellow physicians and medical staff while on duty.
- Evaluate all inmates/patients referred with medical health concerns for presence, or absence, of mental illness and refer to mental health accordingly.
- Refer inmates/patients as necessary to appropriate medical facilities when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with pharmacy to evaluate and approve all medications and other medicinal preparations, which comprise the facility formulary.
- Establish and monitor standards of care provided by physicians, psychologist and nurses in accordance with NCCHC/ACA and accepted medical standards.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine and/or Osteopathic Medicine; specialty in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Correction Medicine, and/or Urgent Care.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible.
- Licensed to practice Medicine in the State of New York.
- Maintain current DEA license.
- Maintain current Buprenorphine Waiver/X-Waiver.
- Maintain active BLS (i.e. CPR) certification.
- Maintain current Driver’s License.
PCM is committed to managing and reducing risk in correctional health care by providing cost-effective quality health care management, continuously improving the standards of care and striving for national accreditation for all facilities.
Dedicated to correctional health care, PCM prides itself on our strong client relationships, as well as effective and efficient management of health care services. These attributes continue to be the hallmark of our success. With new health care contracts established regularly, opportunities for advancement and development are ample.
PCM utilizes a proprietary EMR system, customized to our practice and specifically designed for correctional health care. Said technology is user-friendly, intuitive, and reliable. Furthermore, we are dedicated to your long-term success and foster this by providing individually catered training to every one of our physicians. We teach you how to document in real-time and tactfully structure our call requirements; to ensure that you’re life outside of your career is focused on the things that matter the most to you.
To learn why PCM is The Choice for Quality Correctional Healthcare, please apply today and schedule a phone interview. We can’t wait to hear from you and look forward to speaking with you about joining our PrimeCare family!