- Salaries are negotiable and commensurate based on experience;
- Full family healthcare & retirement benefits are included;
- Company paid liability insurance (including tail) is provided;
- Generous vacation plan included;
- Annual licensure & CME reimbursement available; and
- Much more.
- Provide service to the inmate/patient population while utilizing current, acceptable standards of medical practice.
- Assume responsibility for clinical management of the medical health program in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards, as well as PCM policies and procedures.
- Services to be provided on scheduled work days according to standards and times mutually agreeable to physician, facility administration, and PCM.
- Provide medical treatment to confined inmates/patients, when applicable.
- Provide medical consultation to all professionals (i.e. physicians/mid-level providers/nursing) within the unit.
- Oversee and supervise all medical clinical services provided.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely medical entries are made for each inmate/patient contact.
- Available for consultation and/or emergency medical coverage via phone call.
- Work collaboratively and supervise clinical activities of fellow physicians and medical staff while on duty.
- Evaluate all inmates/patients referred with medical health concerns for presence, or absence, of mental illness and refer to mental health accordingly.
- Refer inmates/patients as necessary to appropriate medical facilities when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with pharmacy to evaluate and approve all medications and other medicinal preparations, which comprise the facility formulary.
- Establish and monitor standards of care provided by physicians, psychologist and nurses in accordance with NCCHC/ACA and accepted medical standards.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine, specialty in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Correction Medicine, or Urgent Care.
- Licensed to practice Medicine in the State of Maryland.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible.
- Maintain current CDS & DEA numbers.
- Maintain active BLS (i.e. CPR) certification.
- Maintain current Driver’s License.
PrimeCare Medical, Inc. (PCM) has been in operation since 1986. We’re a private, physician founded correctional healthcare practice. PCM provides comprehensive healthcare services to over 70 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers throughout 5 different states in the Northeastern US.
We’re committed to managing and reducing risk in correctional healthcare by providing cost-effective quality healthcare management, continuously improving the standards of care and striving for national accreditation for all facilities. Dedicated to correctional healthcare, PCM prides itself on our strong client relationships, as well as effective and efficient management of healthcare services. These attributes continue to be the hallmark of our success. With new contracts established regularly, opportunities for development and advancement are ample.
Correctional medicine is a unique, challenging, and exciting opportunity for today’s medical professional in that it provides the ability to truly utilize all of your learned medical skills and knowledge on a daily basis. Correctional healthcare is the perfect hybrid of Primary Care and Urgent/Emergency Care medicine, serving an often underserved and extremely diverse patient population. Correctional healthcare also provides unrivaled scheduling flexibility and moldability around your lifestyle, with little to no weekend requirements
PCM utilizes a proprietary EMR system customized to our practice, and specifically designed for correctional healthcare. Said technology is user-friendly, intuitive, and always available. At PCM, we’re dedicated to your long-term success and foster this by providing individually catered training to every one of our physicians. We teach you how to document in real-time and tactfully structure our call requirements, to ensure that you’re life outside of your career is focused on the things that truly matter.
To learn more about why PrimeCare Medical, Inc. is the best choice for top-quality correctional healthcare, please apply today to schedule a phone interview. We’re ready to speak with you about joining our PrimeCare Medical family!