If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians is a physician-led medical group with 85 practice locations throughout Connecticut serving more than 10% of the state's residents. We empower physicians and advanced clinicians to better serve patients through enhanced care processes in support of improved patient outcomes. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to include more than 350 primary care and specialty clinicians and offers select specialty and diagnostic/therapeutic services.
- Conduct annual wellness exams, complete applicable screenings, address quality gaps in care, and conduct prospective chart reviews under the oversight of the CDQI Medical Director
- Support specific targeted outreach such as homebound members, member facing events such as new member orientation and screenings, member appreciation events and preventative and health fair screenings or other corporate level programs
- Assist in conducting clinical chart reviews
- Work with the Network Team to assist in training and education programs
- Complete Annual Health Assessment (AHA) to assess common conditions (both chronic and non-chronic conditions) and review of interim and episodic medical history and physical exam.
- Entering assessment and documentation into OCNCT’s designated systems
- Perform non-invasive ambulatory screening tests, confirmation of existing diagnosis and document additional conditions as appropriate
- Conduct assessment for gaps in current medical care, using current clinical guidelines
- Conduct assessment for adequacy of current medical management
- Evaluate urgent and emergent situations, with appropriate activation of the Emergency Medical System, as needed
- Provide recommendations for disease management, screening and diagnostic tests and health promotion modalities
- Assess for need and recommendations for durable medical equipment
- Referrals including, but not limited to, pharmacy, social work, advanced illness programs, care management, Adult Protective Services and mental health services
- Health maintenance/health promotion and patient education
- May initiate collection of blood and other specimens for lab testing
- Administer vaccines as necessary
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Masters level NP program completed
- Unlimited Licensure in the state of Connecticut
- Certified as an Adult/Geri/Family Nurse Practitioner through the ANCC/AANP
- 2+ years of primary care experience at the NP level
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Prior experience in an Embedded role
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: FNP, Family Nurse Practitioner, APRN, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, NP, Embedded NP, quality Care, ACO organization, Annual Wellness Visits, Farmington, CT, Connecticut