Academic / Cardiology - Galveston, TX
Why join The University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) Cardiology Department?
Founded in 1891, UTMB Health is the first medical school in the state of Texas and has excelled in all three aspects of academic medicine; education, research, and patient care. The Division of Cardiology at UTMB serves Galveston county and beyond through exemplary cardiology care, education, and clinical research. The majority of the regions Cardiology services are performed at one of the following UTMB Campuses. The Jennie Sealy Hospital is a state-of-the-art facility with over 450 beds and serves as the primary University Hospital in Galveston. The UTMB Community Hospital is located on the League City Campus which has a multi-purpose procedure room that can accommodate most Cardiology procedures.
Academic Cardiology - About the position
The Division of Cardiology at the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) in Galveston, Texas, is seeking an ABIM Board Certified or Board Eligible Cardiologist to join our expanding Cardiology program. Interested candidates should possess outstanding communication skills and be able to network with referring physicians and to serve as a mentor to the department’s residents and medical students. The primary focus will be on clinical growth; however, resident teaching and research initiatives are also key.
The Greater Houston area and Galveston Island
- Many new and beautiful communities to choose from, just south of
- You can live on historic Galveston Island or on the Mainland in such areas as; Friendswood, League City, Clear Lake, Webster, Texas City or any other nearby
- Downtown Houston is less than an hour drive and has two 2 major airports to choose from.
- The Galveston area is modern, safe and comfortable with an average home cost of less than $225,000. Well below the National average for a home.
- Great schools, excellent shopping, outdoor activities, sports and theme
- The Gulf of Mexico offers; cruises, swimming, scuba diving, snorkeling, boating, sailing, beautiful beaches and so much more!
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/ expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.