For seniors most in need of care, high quality health care is too often beyond reach. JenCare Senior Medical Center a ChenMed Company is a national leader in value-based, primary care that was founded to bring concierge-style medicine — and better health outcomes — to the neediest populations. ChenMed is a senior focused primary care organization, in nine U.S. markets through its 50+ senior medical centers. As a fully capitated Medicare Advantage provider, ChenMed provides a concierge level of care with minimal to no expense to the beneficiary.
Due to our success, we continue to grow and will be hiring a highly qualified Cardiologist to join our team in New Orleans, LA!
As a leader in preventive, value-based care we are seeking physicians and clinicians who appreciate senior patients, excel in a collaborate environment and strive for positive outcomes for their patients
- Primary care practice model assuming full risk and accountability for patient outcomes
- PCPs serve as the quarterbacks or general managers for total patient care
- Care team including dedicated nurses and cases management social workers that support physicians, so they can remain at the center of patient care
- Transitional care team that includes full scope of in-house consulting specialists
- On-site lab and prescription dispensary
- Patient concierge services including transportation to and from appointments, prescription delivery, holistic health services including acupuncture, yoga and tai chi and nutrition seminars.
Our Cardiologist's Enjoy
- Small patient panel size:v
- Highly competative Comp package that leads the Market
- Monday – Friday schedule, no nights or weekends and No Call
- Comprehensive benefits and retirement package
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- CME allowance
- Unique, hands-on, three-week orientation program
- Leadership development training
- The Cardiologist will diagnose and treat various cardiovascular ailments or diseases, such as heart attacks and coronary heart disease. Cardiologists may focus in one or more cardiology specializations, such as echocardiography, electrophysiology, nuclear cardiology and interventional cardiology. The tasks of cardiologists also vary. For instance, non-invasive cardiologists specialize in diagnosing cardiovascular problems, while invasive non-interventional cardiologists diagnose and perform catheterizations. Those who diagnose and perform medical procedures to cure cardiovascular diseases are called interventional cardiologists.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides the best possible care to the patients.
- Dedicated and willing to continue education to stay current with new technologies and medicines in order to provide patients with the best options for them individually.
- Examines the patient and running tests needed to determine the exact cause of the problems the patient is experiencing.
- Responsible for running and knowing how to read accurately include the ECG or EKG, chest X-rays, and ultrasound. They will also need to know which blood test to order to check for certain types of heart diseases.
- Part of the cardiologist responsibilities revolve around finding the best treatment for the patient. Everyone is different and must be treated as individuals even when they suffer from the same medical condition.
- Prescribes medication that can help the patient improve. On the other hand, they may need to tell the patient that surgery is the best approach to help them improve.
- Responsible for explaining to the patient why the recommendation is needed and how it can help. They will also need to discuss the steps to creating and maintaining a healthy heart with patients. Education is a key factor in helping the patient help themselves.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Part of the cardiologist responsibilities revolve around doing invasive testing such as cauterization, coronary angiography or coronary arteriography that requires precision and a skilled hand.
- Responsible for knowing how to perform these tests without making a mistake that can harm the patient.
- Cardiologist responsibilities continue after all tests have been conducted and any surgeries completed with follow up examinations. The need of the patient can change over time and the cardiologist will need to determine their needs on a regular basis and make changes when necessary. This is the best way to help promote a healthier lifestyle for the patients in their care.