**General Cardiology opening in Iowa**
* Located in ***Ottumwa, IA*** - 80m from Des Moines
* Full time, permanent
* Seeking a BC/BE General Cardiologist to join its fast growing practice
* Monday-Friday schedule
* ***Immediate need***
* There is an Interventional Cardiologist who travels in to work
* Call rotation: 1:3 to 1:4
* Office is adjacent to Regional Hospital
* Candidate MUST live in the community
* Another Non-Invasive Cardiologist is starting in July
* We offer competitive compensation which includes paid malpractice, pension plan, CME, and 401k.
* Founded in 1970
* Partnered with Medical Center
* One of the largest cardiovascular, cardiology, & vascular practices in the country
* Interventional, Electrophysiology, & non-invasive diagnostic care
* 10 primary locations
* 30+ outreach facilities
* Active participant in STS Registries (adult, congenital and anesthesia)
* #1 Best State to Live in America - U.S. News & World Report
* #1 Best State to Practice Medicine - Physicians' Thrive
* Community of approximately 25,000 people
* Top 3 employers are John Deere, Cargill, and Ottumwa Regional Health Center
* Home to Indian Hills Community College
* Only 85 miles from the capital city, Des Moines
* 3.5 hours from Kansas City and 5 hours from Chicago & Minneapolis
Ottumwa boasts a variety of outdoor recreational activities including over 13.6 miles of walking, running, biking and rollerblading trails along the Des Moines River on the Wapello County Trails. There are four golf courses in the area including the best 18-hole public golf course in South Central Iowa, Cedar Creek Golf Course, and the Ottumwa Country Club and Golf Course. Enjoy nature at its finest at the Wildwood Park, a 73-acre park complete with picnic tables, shelters, disc golf, fireplaces, playground equipment, baseball/softball, basketball and tennis courts as well as cross country skiing and sledding hills during the winter.
The Beach Ottumwa is a beautiful full sized indoor/outdoor water park which encompasses 13 acres. It features a 300,000 gallon wave pool, thrilling 20-foot speed slide, 340-foot body slide, kiddie play area, sand volleyball, basketball, swim lessons and more.
The Market on Main is an outlet for locally produced goods and foods where vendors offer a diverse variety of beverages, produce, meat, desserts, art, periodicals, clothing and furniture.
The Ottumwa Community School District is continually recognized in Iowa as a leader in education and achievement. As a direct result of the dedication to providing students an educational advantage, the district boasts the highest elementary achievement, ACT composites, and graduation rates in southern Iowa.