The group is a private located in Jacksonville, FL. Hospital is capable of doing most of the latest complex interventional and structural work including TAVR. The EP lab has WACHMAN and the latest ablations.
The group is a private independent group. The group has its own diagnostic facilities including nuclear med, ultrasound and vascular lab. Importantly the group has its own new freestanding cath lab capable of doing complex peripheral work including limb salvage cases and much work below the knee. In addition, the cath lab is capable of dong diagnostic cardiac cath.
The practice maintains several sub offices. Ordinarily, the interventionalists and EP will travel one day per week to a sub office for clinic. The clinics are not far away and the entire day is spent there.
Call rotation for interventionalist is light and they will only go in for STEMI or cold legs. The group is on call rotation (1:4 or 5) every day for its own patients and twice or three times per month that call will coincide with hospital call. Call for the non invasive and EP is general cardiology call with very infrequent trips to the hospital, most response done by phone. The group admits 99% of the patients through the hospitalists or PCPÃ‚Â’s and our cardiologists only are consulting.
The founding physician has been in the community for 20 years and has developed a wide referral base. He founded the largest cardiology group in town until they split into several different groups aprox. 5 or 6 years ago. The volume of this practice is high, the referrals come from over 100 referral sources and there is a very large population of established patients. The group currently has another interventionalist and one non invasive.
The group is seeking three candidates for this year. One EP, one interventionalist with peripheral and structural skills and one interventionalist with peripheral skills.
1. JACKSONVILLE BASED Interventionalist with Structural and Peripheral skills - (TAVR) and preferably the structural candidate will be trained in peripherals with work below the knee.
2. JACKSONVILLE BASED Interventionalist with Peripheral skills - This candidate must be trained in peripherals with work below the knee.
3. JACKSONVILLE BASED EP Ã‚Â– an electrophysiologist with WACHMAN, advanced ablations and (preferred) lead extraction training.
4. GEORGIA BASED - J-1 visa or candidate searching for a rural area. This position in GA could be filled by one of the following:
a. an non-invasive
b. invasive, non interventionalist
c. interventionalist with peripheral skills
This last opening is an opportunity in GA. Invasive program in the community at Regional Hospital. They have one full time hospital employed invasive, non-int. cardiologist in the community. Additional cardiologist will be very welcome in community. Will be very busy with both coronary and peripherals, largely outpatient practice. If candidate not qualified in peripherals, we will rotate peripheral physician into the community as required.
1. Three year partnership track
2. Base salary guarantee
3. Productivity bonus
4. 5 weeks CME/ PTO
5. Paid CME, health ins, dues, cell phone, etc.
6. Enforceable no compete will keep candidate from employment in Jacksonville in the areas around our group if they leave our group. The candidate will not violate the no compete if they went to work for UF or Mayo. All other institutions are within the prohibited radius.
General information about the partnership track Ã‚Â–
This partnership tack is 3 years, and an invitation to become a shareholder (partner) given to a qualified candidate at 2.5 years. The partnership will allow the shareholder to share in the profit and loss of the group. It is the intention that all of the candidates hired by the group will become shareholders when eligible.