Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians, part of OptumCare
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.SM
ProHealth Physicians, Farmington ExpressCare, part of OptumCare has an immediate opening for a friendly, patient focused and detailed oriented Medical Assistant to join our team. This is a Per Diem position with flexible shifts which can consist of 13-hour days, 8-hour days or 4-hour days. Office hours are 8:00am-9:00pm weekday, Saturday 9am-5pm and Sunday 10am-2:00pm. The Medical Assistant hired into this position may be asked to float to our Bristol ExpressCare for coverage. Schedule to be determined by Practice Manager upon hire.
**$1000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates**
- The Medical Assistant supports the Care team and its patients through patient care, clinical and administrative tasks including patient intake, receiving and responding to patient phone calls, and documenting patient interactions.
- The MA performs duties within their scope of practice delegated by, and under the supervision of, a provider or physician.
- Performs all duties within the scope of a Medical Assistant’s practice
- Performs EKGs and other office testing
- Performs quality control checks on equipment
- Rooms patients according to policy and procedures, prepares patient for examination
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times and treats patients with courtesy and respect
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments
- Practices standard infection control precautions
- Telephone and in-person screening limited to intake and gathering of information without requiring the exercise of judgment based on clinical knowledge
- Carries out standing orders consistent with ProHealth’ s policies and procedures
- Schedules tests, treatments and follow-up visits on behalf of patients
- In advance of the visit, perform Pre-visit Preparation to confirm that all needed information is available
- Informs new and existing patients/families about how to access information about their healthcare team
- Delivers quality customer service
- Ensures all policy and procedures are followed including infection control, patient confidentiality and privacy
- Actively participate in regular team meetings and quality improvement activities
- Responsible for conducting outreach to patients identified on monthly clinical performance reports
- Provide effective communication with all patients
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Medical Assistant Certification/Registered required within 120 days of hire.
- Basic computer literacy
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Experience working with an electronic health record
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of ICD - 10 and CPT coding
- 1+ Years of Medical Assisting experience in a primary care setting
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift, push or pull >35 lbs. with assistance
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and / or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and / or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
- Occasionally requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids
- Ability to discriminate shades of color when reading dipstick
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: MA, Medical Assistant, CT, Connecticut, Farmington, Primary Care, Family Medicine, CMA, RMA, Urgent Care,