Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County, located in the heart of Brooklyn, accommodate more than 518,076 outpatient visits, more than 141,328 emergency room visits, and with 627 beds, more than 25,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.Responsibilities:
As a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team assess, plan, and provide care to individuals seeking treatment for psychiatric and/or substance use disorders.
You will contribute to building a comprehensive Addiction Medicine Service to meet the needs of Kings County Hospital and the Central Brooklyn Community.
Areas of focus within the Substance Use Disorders Treatment Ambulatory Services may include:
- Chemical Dependency Treatment Outpatient Services
- Addiction Consult Service
- Centralized Intake Unit
- Opioid Treatment Program
- Integrated Outpatient Service
Provide comprehensive evaluation, recommendations, and ongoing care for individuals with substance use disorders including:
- Evaluation and treatment recommendations
- Treatment with addiction medications (including buprenorphine, methadone, and long acting injectable naltrexone)
- Medical management of acute withdrawal in the ambulatory setting
- Ongoing psychiatric medication management for a panel of patients
- Participation in multidisciplinary treatment team meetings and contribution to treatment planning
- Coordination of care across services and with outside providers and agencies
- Supervision, education, and support for staff in recognizing psychiatric illnesses and managing individuals with complex needs
- Supervision of care provided by residents, medical students, and other trainees assigned to the service
- Regular attendance at Department of Psychiatry Grand Rounds
- Teaching and training of medical students, residents, and hospital staff in the recognition and treatment of psychiatric and addictive disease
Quality Assurance Activities:
- Assist with implementation of quality measures relevant to the provision of care within the division
- Attend assigned Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement meetings
- Current license to practice Medicine in the State of New York
- Active DEA Registration including waiver to prescribe buprenorphine (Current or anticipated within 6-months).
- Graduated from an accredited medical school and residency in psychiatry
- Subspecialty Board Certified in Addiction Psychiatry or Addiction Medicine is preferred
- Board Eligibility or Board Certification in Psychiatry
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Jaquelyn Morales, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at [Register to View]
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V[Register to View]