Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is comprised of nearly 3,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City. EOE M/F/D/V
Besides providing administrative and human resources services, PAGNY also fosters an environment in its partner hospitals that allows healthcare professionals to identify and implement best practices across institutions; promote training, academic and research opportunities; develop multidisciplinary integrated clinical service lines; build new systems of care; and address the impact of anticipated major changes in the nation's healthcare system.
With approximately 65,000 admissions per year and 10,000 average daily population, the NYC jail system is among the largest in the nation. The Division of Correctional Health Services (CHS) of New York City Health + Hospitals (H + H) is responsible for the delivery of medical care, mental health care and discharge planning in the jail system. CHS is a national leader in the delivery of healthcare to the criminal-justice involved population and aspires to the highest standards of care, with the goal of meeting or exceeding what is available in the community. CHS care includes a comprehensive history and physical at the point of admission, robust screening efforts (HIV, hepatitis C, STDs, TB, etc.) and the management of chronic and acute illness. CHS views incarceration as a crucial opportunity to provide care to an underserved population and improve the population health of the communities to which our patients return. CHS is committed to continuously improving the delivery of care in the security setting, using the system-wide Electronic Health Record as a tool to promote patient safety and population health. CHS has contributed to the literature on medical care in the jail as well as public health concerns related to incarceration and seeks to build on a reputation as a national leader, now integrated into the larger H + H care delivery network. CHS seeks to promote an academic practice environment with ample opportunities for continuous education, clear pathways for career growth and engagement of front line staff in the ongoing process of improving clinical care.
Under supervision of the Site Medical Director with broad latitude for independent judgement and initiative, the Staff Physician is an integral part of the medical team at his/her facility. He/She is expected to take a leading role in the delivery of health care services to our patients. In addition, he/she is responsible for the supervision of the Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners.Responsibilities:
Seeking highly trained Physician to provide clinical care and triage as well as other medical services for NYC Health + Hospitals/Correctional Health Service (CHS) patients.
- Completes comprehensive histories and physicals on all new admissions including completion of master problem list (MPL) with diagnosis, lab, and EKG contraindication form and medication list where applicable.
- Performs S.O.A.P. notes on patients requesting sick call, schedule follow-ups and update medication orders. Update any deficiencies on the MPL.
- Diagnose and treat acute and chronic illness. Evaluates the need for consult services and submits the prioritized consult when indicated.
- Reviews all on island/off-sland specialty consult clinic and hospital returns. Evaluates the recommendations to ensure that the standard of care is met and implements the recommendations of the consultant.
- Responds to emergencies and fire drills on a priority basis and in a timely and professional manner.
- Be familiar with performance indicators (P.I.) and takes appropriate measures to comply with these standards.
- Performs chart reviews and summaries on all transfers. Updates the MPL, rewrites medication orders and resubmits consults as needed.
- Requests radiology exams, lab-test, EKG’s when indicated and interprets these results in conjunction with the patient’s clinical status.
- Notifies Urgicare for 3 hr/EMS runs.
- Completes and submits all encounter forms on a daily basis.
- Witnesses, signs and documents patient healthcare refusals.
- Generates medical modifications as needed.
- Generates special needs tracking form as needed.
- Maintains clinical competency by reviewing PHS protocols, current medical literature and C.M.E.’s.
- Provides clinical supervision for P.A.’s/N.P.’s which includes co-signing of notes and medication orders. Assures that standard of care is maintained.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of CHS and be familiar with them by reviewing them as needed.
- Maintains your tour schedule as directed with particular attention to punctuality and timely notification of absences.
- Maintains required credentials.
- Maintains current licensure and CME requirements (Appropriate documentation must be on our files.
- Maintains professional attitude and appearance.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Complies with and maintains Employee Health requirements.
Sunday, Monday, Thursday - Saturday 4PM - 12AM (AMKC C-95)Qualifications:
- Registered to practice medicine in NY State, BCLS and ACLS Certification, Federal DEA and Infection Control Certification
- Board certified - preferred
- Medical Specialty license or Certification
- Medical doctor with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience preferred
Please be advised that proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire.
This position will require a background check, security clearance and/or drug screening. PAGNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
EOE M/F/D/V[Register to View]