Valley Anesthesiology and Pain Consultants, an Envision Physician Services practice, is actively recruiting board eligible or board certified Pediatric Anesthesiologists to join our East Valley Division. Valley Anesthesiology Consultants has long been recognized for providing the highest quality of peri-operative anesthesia care in the state of Arizona.
Valley Anesthesiology Consultants has evolved from the seven founders in 1983 to a group composed of over 350 board-certified or board eligible physicians today. Valley proudly covers virtually all anesthesia specialties with fellowship trained experts. We provide anesthesia services in hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and office-based practices. Several of the hospitals are covered on an exclusive basis; at other facilities Valley provides the vast majority of anesthesia coverage.
- Scope: All pediatric service lines, including cardiac, neurosurgery and orthopedics
- Growth: Upcoming Banner Desert expansion of women’s care for the east valley, with expected increase in pediatric referrals; east valley is a thriving area of above average income and family-centered demographics
- Support: Large Level 4 NICU, Pediatric ECMO center, busy 24 bed PICU
- Infrastructure: 6 designated pediatric ORs with distinct pediatric pre-operative and post-anesthesia units
- Practice Opportunities: Regional anesthesia highly encouraged and practiced, interest in pediatric cardiac anesthesia welcome, with opportunity for cath lab and possible OR/pump cases, coverage of select adult cases for those interested, ambulatory surgery coverage at affiliated center on campus
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital: Crossover coverage for tertiary pediatric anesthesia care depending on case volumes
- Group: Small, collegial group of pediatric anesthesiologists, supportive and available, no in-house call
- Other: leadership/committee involvement for those interested
This position delivers an excellent compensation package, a comprehensive benefits package, 401K, CME & professional liability coverage. Our physicians experience flexible work schedules in a well-regarded and collaborative environment.
Banner Desert Medical Center is dedicated to a high-tech, high-touch philosophy of care that has helped establish them as a hospital of choice for East Valley communities for nearly 40 years. As one of the largest and most comprehensive facilities in Arizona, Banner Desert serves as a tertiary referral center for the East Valley of metropolitan Phoenix and treats the highest levels of acuity in the East Valley. Offering state-of-the-art technology in all departments, from da Vinci surgical robots to 3D cancer technology; Banner Desert Medical Center is ranked as one of the top five hospitals in Phoenix, being recognized for eight high-performing specialties, according to U.S. News Best Regional Hospitals report.
Phoenix is a sophisticated, urban region of more than 4.5 million people with a marketplace valued at more than $50 billion. The metro Phoenix population is educated, multi-cultural and upwardly mobile. A combined promise of economic opportunity and quality living convinces more than 50,000 people to move to the “Valley of the Sun” each year. Residents are as equally dedicated to hard work as they are to play. All four major professional sports are available – NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL, as well as easy access to top destinations like San Diego, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles. With 300 annual days of sunshine, Phoenix residents enjoy golfing, hiking, biking and all things outdoors year-round!