This job is archived
Physician - Anesthesiologist job in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The job is within the extensive military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Physician - Anesthesiologist job Overview:
- Provide consultation/treatment for conscious sedation for procedures such as elective cardioversion, gastrointestinal procedures and MRI/diagnostic imaging. Provide consultation for difficult intravenous line insertion and elective and urgent airway management/endotracheal intubation.
- Share primary, secondary and backup call status on a rotational basis approximately 3 to 4 days per month with assigned anesthesiologists and anesthetists as determined by the Flight Commander.
- Act as preceptor/lecturer for trainees (presently Independent Duty Medical Technicians (IDMT's), dental residents, medical students, residents, and RN's requiring conscious sedation training) as needed and directed by the Flight Commander.
- Attend as a member: Anesthesia Element Meetings, Morbidity and Mortality Meetings, Professional Staff Meetings, and other committee meetings as directed by the Flight Commander.
- Participate in all departmental performance improvement (PI) and Peer Review as directed by the Flight Commander.
- May care for patients in all age groups. Demonstrates competence in the assessment, treatment, and care of the specific patients served whose ages range from infancy through adolescence, adulthood, and geriatrics.
- Works in collaboration with other anesthesia providers and provides consultation for Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA's).
- Ensure equipment is ready for use, equipment check procedures are correctly performed and only properly functioning, patient safe equipment is used.
- Take appropriate safety precautions to minimize the risks of fire, explosion, electrical shock and equipment malfunction.
Physician - Anesthesiologist job Qualification:
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Graduate from an accredited medical school in the United States or Canada.
Graduate from an accredited medical school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) at the time the degree was obtained (e.g. Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC), College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC). A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
- ACLS certification must be obtained through the American Heart Association and/or Red Cross approved training program
- 5 years experience (post residency)
- Board Certification: American Board of Anesthesiology or the American Osteopathic Board of Anesthesiology
- Internship/Residency program: successful completion. Approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or the Committee on Postdoctoral Training of the American Osteopathic Association.
- For purposes of this requirement, graduate training programs include only those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada.
Position contingent on contract award with a Spring 2019 start. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!