VieMed Healthcare Staffing is seeking a full time Anesthesiologist to support the Eglin Air Force Base Hospital minutes from beautiful beaches of Destin and Ft. Walton Florida.
Normal hours are Monday - Friday, 8.5 hour shifts between 6:30am and 5:30pm; varying times may be required as needed
24-hour in-house call required, no more than 3 times per month
Off-site beeper call required, no more than 3 times per month
Job Specific Details and Tasks:
Provide anesthesia services for patients as scheduled by the Government. These services include general anesthesia, regional anesthesia, neuraxial anesthesia, and monitored anesthesia care. Workload includes the evaluation and treatment of emergent, urgent, and non-emergent patients ranging in age from infant to over 65 years.
- Provide immediate evaluation and management of emergency problems as they occur.
- Coordinate patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. The contractor shall provide care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Assess/evaluate patients, both in person and telephonically.
- Shall possess the ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Shall possess excellent oral communication skills for patient/family education.
- Prescribes and communicates treatment plans in accordance with established American Society of Anesthesiology protocols.
- Telephone and in-person assessment/evaluation includes the determination of follow-up care as required.
- Collects and assesses significant patient history information and performs all necessary patient teaching.
- Arrange for procedures and perform telephone follow-up, as appropriate.
- Shall possess excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity, including telephone contacts.
- Shall demonstrate skills in setting up, operating, and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, and other clinic specific equipment.
- Shall ensure medication and supplies are replenished.
* Degree/Education: M.D. or D.O.
* Residency/Fellowship: Shall have completed a residency or fellowship acceptable by the US Air Force Surgeon General in Anesthesiology
* Experience: Shall have a minimum of 2 years experience within the last 3 years
* Licensure/Certification: Active/unrestricted license to practice as a physician from any state; BLS/ACLS/PALS; shall be a Diplomat of the American Board of Anesthesiologists or a Certified Anesthesiologist
* Must be a U.S citizen and possess ability to pass a background check/security clearance
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. #liveyourlife