Join Sound Anesthesia at St. Joseph Medical Center in Houston, TX
Sound Anesthesia is seeking a general anesthesiologist to join the team. St. Joseph Medical Center is part of the Stewart Health Network and Houston’s first hospital. For more than 130 years St. Josephs has provided comprehensive healthcare to the community.
- Level II trauma with general, urology, vascular, thoracic, healthy peds, and OB. No hearts
- General Anesthesiologist not responsible for OB call
- Work-life balance with reasonable home call
- 8 Anesthesiologists and 16 CRNAs
- Seeking General Anesthesiologist
- Guaranteed annual compensation
- 13 weeks of scheduled time off
- Group paid MedMal
- CME reimbursements
- Full comprehensive benefits + 401k
- Available for full-time physicians only; Path to Partnership™
Medical programs excel when they have teams that are provided with consistent development opportunities and the resources they need to support their well-being. All of our clinicians attend an in-person onboarding session to not only our vision and values but the values and goals of our hospital partners as well. In addition, we heavily invest in online and in-person development opportunities for our clinicians to help them reach their greatest potential.
Location & Lifestyle
Houston is located near the beautiful beaches of Galveston Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. Houston has a strong economy earning it a place on the Forbes list of Best Places for Business and Careers. Houston is known for diversity, healthcare, research, and industry. Houston is home to many cultural institutions including performing arts, the Theatre District, the Houston Symphony Orchestra, Broadway shows, and concerts. Foodie? Houston has you covered with a vibrant food and restaurant culture. Sports fan? Houston has you covered as well. Houston has the 7th largest school district in the US and the largest in Texas with 4 distinct state universities, several private institutions of higher learning, over 300 private schools, and several graduate schools in law and healthcare. Houston is easy to relocate to, easy to call home, and easy to love.
Through People, We Make a Difference
At Sound Physicians, we know that an engaged team stems from strong clinical leadership. Our leaders include board-certified clinicians who bring years of clinical and operational knowledge along with demonstrated success in the building and management of nationwide anesthesia practice. Their focus on establishing an anesthesia care team model where each clinician is valued and invested in ensures that we can continue to improve the perioperative experience and decrease costs for our patients.
To drive volume while increasing the quality of patient care, Sound Physicians has taken a unique approach to anesthesia services. Our care-team model leverages both physicians and CRNAs to facilitate throughput in the OR and provide closer contact between anesthesia clinicians and patients. The result is better access to anesthesia resources, improved productivity, and enhanced patient experience.
What Sets Sound Apart
- Expertise in performance management across the entire acute and post-acute episode of care
- Our technology-forward, data-driven approach to improving patient experience
- SoundMetrix, our proprietary analytics platform, provides real-time, risk-adjusted metrics and patient levels to optimize care
- Sound’s own workflow and communications platform that supports clinician and nursing workflows across care settings