Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is seeking Anesthesiologists to join a new team at Sarasota Memorial Hospital. The employed physician group of SMHCS, First Physician Group, recently took over Anesthesiology and is growing this group to include 30+ physicians and 100 CRNAs. This team is built upon Leadership’s long-standing vision to be the BEST provider of care along with the best place to work and practice medicine.
Sarasota Memorial has a history of quality care delivery:
- SMH is a CMS 5-Star rated hospital in Florida for its overall quality. The only hospital in Florida and one of just 33 across the nation to maintain this top rating since 2016.
- SMH is included in the 2023 list of World’s Best Hospitals for 5th year in a row by Newsweek
- Named among the nation's Top 100 Hospitals and 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals for 2022 by Fortune/Merative.
- Earned its fifth consecutive Magnet Nursing Recognition for nursing excellence and high-quality patient care. SMH-Sarasota is one of just 1% of U.S. hospitals to earn the designation FIVE times.
- Earned straight “A” Grades for Patient Safety from Leapfrog since 2016
- One of just 41 organizations worldwide to earn Gallup's Exceptional Workplace Award for 2022
- Named a U.S. News High Performer in 2022-2023
- Main hospital is the largest in the region with 901 beds, a Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, a 60-bed Rehab Pavilion, and a 56 bed Cancer Institute.
Highlights of the Opportunity:
- A full-time Anesthesiologist is expected to cover 210 shifts annually, with additional pay for extra shifts.
- Diverse mix of cases including Cardiac, Endo, General Surgery, Neuro, OB, Oncology, Ortho, Robotics, Spine, Vascular, and Level II Trauma.
- We are looking for General Anesthesiologists and physicians who are Fellowship Trained in Cardiac, Pediatrics and Pain Management.
- Staffing model planned is 30 Anesthesiologists, and 100 CRNAs covering 62+ sites including Cath Lab, IR, Endo.
- Average anesthesia volume is 40,000 cases annually.
- Less than FT shifts including PRN employed positions are available.
- Physicians will have oversight of CRNA’s.
- Top of market compensation package based on years of experience
- W2 position with a Health Care System that has an unparalleled history of quality care delivery
- Commencement Bonus and Relocation assistance will be offered.
- Premium pay calculation if clinician works past scheduled shift. Premium calculation also applies if clinician opts to pick-up extra shifts.
- Full array of benefits offered including health, dental, vision, Long-term/short-term disability, 9 weeks PTO, 5 days for CME/$5,000 and 403(b) with a 4% match
- Sarasota Memorial and First Physicians Group are not-for-profit organizations. Physicians & CRNAs can participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program if employed by First Physicians Group.